A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

Who wants/needs a VAG 5053?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4Driver4
LOL. Just noticed that I posted the same thing you did earlier.

ok it is pretty cool, now ive read up on it, but fter being a vw tech for 3 years i live by my 5052 :P!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

This little tool is all one needs to read CEL and maintain your car and to reset codes. That's all I'll ever need.

Put me down for one my friend!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, just like 2.7 was whining the 5053 isn't a 5052, which we all agreed about, it's still a pretty nifty (and surprisingly complete) little <$100 gadget to keep handy for those on the spot tests.

What did you think after reading thru the manual? Still think it's a pretty powerful gadget?

Thanks
Marty
Old 09-03-2009, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

98, wow, someone who actually 'gets it'..

That's all this thing is for..! I seriously doubt anyone's going to use this for a busy Audi service business, but for the occaisional hacker working on their own cars, it seems like it should be more than adequate. And it's nice to have something small for those mystery error messages while driving in the middle of nowhere at 3 am.. Do you need to shut the car down to a serious problem, or simply clear a code for a burp somewhere.

So far, comments, but i'm not really sure how many people want one, and i'm not sure if i should bring in 25 units, although i think if it's advertised on all the different audi boards here, it should get enough attention to sell them off.

I'll keep your 'order' in my file though..!

Thanks
Marty
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Simple

It is a cool tool and I would like to buy one too . please put one down for me plz
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm interested as well put me down.

Cheers....
Old 09-06-2009, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by expert47
4D4..

First, thanks for all the help on my gear problems, if *I* had the VAG it woulda solved my problems. but i appreciate all your help.

Second, I agree, that there are reasons for both tools. I doubt anyone's keeping a VAG-COM laptop in their car for on the road diagnostics, or while traveling. And a $90 unit that serves the same basic needs as a laptop unit will serve both the die-hards who want every gadget, and the people like me who simply drive their car and want to do simple diagnostics before the Audi Shop Vultures get their paws on the car. Would be tough for them to say it needs X, when you diagnosed Y that's 1/3rd the price. There's gonna be some 'splainin to do Lucy'..

When I made the offer to buy a few dozen of these for AW folks, it wasn't for discussion over why the Vag-Com is better, which, admittedly it is, but to get people a small, fairly inexpensive tool they can leave in the car, and for hobbiests who simply want a cheap way to find out why the check engine light came on.

I really know i'll never be tinkering with settings unless someone tells me in advance it won't break something.

If somehow we can get back to the original reason for my post, which is to find out how many people would want one if i can get them to you for under $90 would let me know, i can decide if i want to order a few cases or not.

Thanks!
Marty
I keep one in my car
Old 09-06-2009, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by expert47
Hey, just like 2.7 was whining the 5053 isn't a 5052, which we all agreed about, it's still a pretty nifty (and surprisingly complete) little <$100 gadget to keep handy for those on the spot tests.

What did you think after reading thru the manual? Still think it's a pretty powerful gadget?

Thanks
Marty
You are the benificiary of Ross-Tech and Uwe's tireless work on a VAG-COM product.

Without thier work, none of this would even matter because there would be no real information about what teh codes mean.

I only use Ross-Tech products, and think this is still the best solution.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I think this one is a goog choice.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MemoScan-VAG5053..._Tools&vxp=mtr
You can have a check....
Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

DHGate shows a large selection of chinese clones from 50.00+- on up:

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sear...up&sinfo=price

I have not dealt with any of them personally, but have ordered other products through the site without issues (lasers, flashlights, PC products_

Quick Reply: Who wants/needs a VAG 5053?