A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

You upgraders- any A6 rear stock sway bar available?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You upgraders- any A6 rear stock sway bar available?

Hi everyone, I am quite new to the forums ...couple week- BTW very useful. I am planning to upgrade my A6 Avant and ad rear sway bar. Suspension is stock and everything else too.
I would like to buy or if anyone can donate your old sway rear sway bar, when you upgrade to H-sport or similar. Right now I do not have one in rear and I have stock in front.
The front one is causing noise so I will be replacing bushings and maybe links.
Thanks to everyone for tips and special thanks to anyone who can donate or sell for less their old but functioning A6 rear sway bar. I live in VA close to DC. Thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 09:50 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

What happened to your stock rear bar?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Sorry, sold mine on eBay for $100
Old 12-30-2004, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I have a set sitting in my garage.....

but I'm in SF and I suspect the shiping would cost more than they're worth. Nonetheless, they're yours for $50 + shipping

and where'd your rear sway bar go, btw?
Old 12-30-2004, 02:38 PM

I have a stock "non-sport" bar in N.E. from a 2000 A6 2.7t...Yours if you want it.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:50 PM

Default Set available in NJ too

If UR nearer to NJ and want to avoid shipping, I can hook U up. $50 each. Let me know if UR interested.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I have a set sitting in my garage.....

Yes Kris and everyone, you are right and excuse my ignorance. I thought for some reason there is no rear bar on A6 avant. I just checked it and there seems to be a rear sway bar. the diameter though is only about 12 mm (a guess). I am looking for one that comes as stock and part of sport package- better one= stiffer. I guess that would be primarily 2.7t A6 with sport package. If I am wrong someone correct me please. My front one sqeaks and in rear I haar some sqeaking when going over bumps. But I do not want to mess up with shock and springs now- since this car will be never sport enough for that.
JOHN: I am interested in the one you have. What is N.E.- where could I pick it up.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: You upgraders- any A6 rear stock sway bar available?

Yes Kris and everyone, you are right and excuse my ignorance. I thought for some reason there is no rear bar on A6 avant. I just checked it and there seems to be a rear sway bar. the diameter though is only about 12 mm (a guess). I am looking for one that comes as stock and part of sport package- better one= stiffer. I guess that would be primarily 2.7t A6 with sport package. If I am wrong someone correct me please. My front one sqeaks and in rear I haar some sqeaking when going over bumps. But I do not want to mess up with shock and springs now- since this car will be never sport enough for that.
JOHN: I am interested in the one you have. What is N.E.- where could I pick it up.
Old 12-30-2004, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: What happened to your stock rear bar?

Kris, yes you are right - is on. I thought there is none. You seem to have the same car as i do. The car is so heave and leans a lot in curves. Have you done something to improve the handling or is there something you would recommmend on this 2 ton beast. I am hoping replacing the bars for sport ones- still stock could help. Or should I rather when doing this move directly to some aftermarket?
I do not plan to do anything with springs and shocks for now...

thanks Petr
Old 12-30-2004, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Set available in NJ too

Gimper- are this from sport package bars? do you know what size?
Also how far from DC are you?

thanks Petr

Quick Reply: You upgraders- any A6 rear stock sway bar available?