A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

$1378 for 55K Maintenance?? (Audi Hoffman)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:14 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1378 for 55K Maintenance?? (Audi Hoffman)

I was planning to do my 55K this week since i'm at 54,850k. I just called Audi Hoffman (East Hartford Connecticut) to make an appointment for tomorrow and they told me $1378???? this is ridiculous! So I ask them if any special tune up is included in this price because the price is outrageous, they say no there 55k plus tune up is $1500 + tax, then I proceed to tell them I am a member of almost every single Audi forum and have never heard such a ridiculous price in my life the highest was $900, then he said "well" and you guys know how the "well" excuses go so I just said "well...... thank you, have a nice day, byebye"

(and Yes I am aware of the great 55k maintenance DIY, but I do not have the proper tools right now and C.T Cold has already came)
Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

You do not need to have this service done at an Audi dealer. There is a good Audi guy in Coventry. Call Brian at Coventry Motor Cars 860-742-9000 and see what he says.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

^^^^ i'll check them out. I called Audi Wallingford and they said only $700.
So my guess is all Audi dealerships have different standards for the 55k maintenance, Some only do plugs, (air, pollen) filters, oil change and just check a lube, and the others with the high price do everything above plus some goodies.

I noticed my last oil change receipt says "55k tune up due, OIL CHANGE, CABIN FILTER, AIR FILTER, COOLANT FLUSH, BRAKE FLUID FLUSH, CARBON BLAST (FUEL INJECTION SERVICE), SPARK PLUGS, FUEL FILTER & INSPECTION"

^^^^^ Carbon blast sounds good (especially seeing my city mileage is so bad), do you guys think it's all worth the $1378?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

And some probably add those goodies because they sound impressive, don't cost them much to do don't take much tech time so they make a lot of $$'s

That CARBON BLAST sounds like some fancy name for a fuel injector cleaner that the dealer purchased and now they want everyone to get the service. If the car needed this you would probably have a CEL and they would have done it during the last service. "Predicting" that it will need this service one oil change in advance sounds a little odd.

I would definitely ask what evidence they have that it needs this service.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah they always do that, I call to my local dealer to buy 2 headlight for my A6 they told me it cost $1200.00 ea I look up on ebay found it OEM the same for jus $350 pair. So look at the Mat. and make a decision.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
And some probably add those goodies because they sound impressive, don't cost them much to do don't take much tech time so they make a lot of $$'s

That CARBON BLAST sounds like some fancy name for a fuel injector cleaner that the dealer purchased and now they want everyone to get the service. If the car needed this you would probably have a CEL and they would have done it during the last service. "Predicting" that it will need this service one oil change in advance sounds a little odd.

I would definitely ask what evidence they have that it needs this service.
Good point. sorry I didn't make it clear, they weren't predicting that I needed it (Carbon Blast) they were just stating that it's included in the 55k maintenance. Since there 50miles closer than the other dealership for $700 I just asked them to modify it and take away all that extra stuff I can do myself for a quater of the price.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Instead of asking for a certain mileage service, such as 55K, sometimes it pays off to ask for the individual services. The bill may end up being a lot lower. Are coolant flush and fuel filter even listed in your maintenance manual? Those are things worth doing even if not listed, but probably not as early as 55K.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Glad to see someone else local up here. I service my car at East Hartford dealer too. In fact, I was there two days ago. Which part of WH are you? (by any chance the white A6 on Mohegan dr?)
Old 12-07-2010, 03:08 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Glad to see someone else local up here. I service my car at East Hartford dealer too. In fact, I was there two days ago. Which part of WH are you? (by any chance the white A6 on Mohegan dr?)
(Kinda late) i'm on the other side of town over by west-farms mall in West Hartford. My roof is always open even in the winter so just beep at me, white A6 you'll know it's me my subs will be bumpin.

Dropping her off today for the service though, I think i'm going to decline most of the extras, Oil Change, Coolant Flush, Brake Fluid flush, & the carbon blast.

Oil change already done, and i'll do the rest after the winter is gone, and I want to get more information on the Carbon Blast because i've heard there is a major carbon cleanup in the ballpark of $300+ and a cheaper one which I think is the blast, i'm down for the major one.

any AudiTechs here that have some information on the carbon Blast?