A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

'07 A6 3.2 quattro installed Koni Yellows/Prokit, Rear Now Squeaks[HELP!]

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 A6 3.2 quattro installed Koni Yellows/Prokit, Rear Now Squeaks[HELP!]

Hello all, I just had Eibach Prokit Springs and Koni Yellows installed on my vehicle. After installation, I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. It sounds like a rubber squeaking noise from both corners. It occurs when driving, and when going over bumps. The tech at the shop where I had the car aligned sez its the rear lower control arm bushings. Just wanted to check with you guys. Should I replace both bushings? How about shock mounts?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had the same problem and it drove me NUTS. You will also notice that this noise will appear for a couple of days when it gets wet (rain) - and then will go away in a week or so time.

I called Koni for this issue - their resolution was "rubber mount... is getting lubricated."

Took car to the install. He raised the car and cut off some of the boot (like reduced its height by a couple of inches) - I believe it is item 6 in the figure - it is like a rubber boot.

Haven't had the problem since then. hth

The problem is the upper rubber mount. The rubber gets lubricated

Originally Posted by Turkeybaster115
Hello all, I just had Eibach Prokit Springs and Koni Yellows installed on my vehicle. After installation, I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the rear of the vehicle. It sounds like a rubber squeaking noise from both corners. It occurs when driving, and when going over bumps. The tech at the shop where I had the car aligned sez its the rear lower control arm bushings. Just wanted to check with you guys. Should I replace both bushings? How about shock mounts?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RearStrutTower.pdf (347.0 KB, 821 views)
Old 07-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
I had the same problem and it drove me NUTS. You will also notice that this noise will appear for a couple of days when it gets wet (rain) - and then will go away in a week or so time.

I called Koni for this issue - their resolution was "rubber mount... is getting lubricated."

Took car to the install. He raised the car and cut off some of the boot (like reduced its height by a couple of inches) - I believe it is item 6 in the figure - it is like a rubber boot.

Haven't had the problem since then. hth

The problem is the upper rubber mount. The rubber gets lubricated
Thanks a lot man,I appreciate your help. I'll try that out.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you make out Turkeybaster115? I have Koni FSD, Eibach ProKit & KMacs going in this or next weekend and would hate to end up with problems. Anyone with FSDs, help/pointers will be greatly appreciated. Any recommendations on good indy shops knowledgeable about our cars in the North of Boston area?

Last edited by jujuC6; 07-26-2011 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally got this problem solved at my local indy shop this Saturday. It turns out they had to cut both bump stops until the stopped. The stock bump stops are too long for the drop.

BTW, if anyone wants my OEM springs and shocks, used but still in great shape, please PM me, and they are yours cheap!