A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

'07 A6 (4.2) VAG-COM code list

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 A6 (4.2) VAG-COM code list

I'm hoping to go into an independent to have the widows down w/remote feature activated. Would like to review all codes for my car in case I want to get something else revised. Can anyone provide list or link?.....thx....
Old 06-08-2010, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have always stayed clear of all the Vag codes...
I now am interested in doing these mods..
In regards.. What vag-com system will I need .. look for .. and stay away from...
I see several on ebay.. But, are those lower priced ones.. just to read fualt codes only.. ?
I am lost with this.. (NOOB)

Do all Vag-Com system have to be hooked up to a laptop?
Or are there any systems that have the ability to change codes from a hand held..?

any help will be apriciated ...
thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The ebay cables will not work for our cars, becuase our cars use a can bus interface. They will not even work to read fault codes, they are only good for the older audi/vw. For models 05+ you will need to buy the program + wire off of ross tech. Or you can go on vacom tool finder, contact somone in your area and have them help you out. I used that website and was able to disable the drls in my MK5 jetta.

Yes vag com will have to be hooked up to a laptop I believe they are still working on making a mac version but for best results use pc.

Here is the link for the codes.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-VAG-COM-codes
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

what are you talking about? ... buy a cable with a cd from any chinese website, and use it with a laptop, there are labels in program (as a highlighted hints) that are covering a lot of coding, with explanations, etc.

type in a google something like "audi vag-com interface 908", costs about $40.00, shipped to US

a must-buy for audi owner
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by enc
what are you talking about? ... buy a cable with a cd from any chinese website, and use it with a laptop, there are labels in program (as a highlighted hints) that are covering a lot of coding, with explanations, etc.

type in a google something like "audi vag-com interface 908", costs about $40.00, shipped to US

What am I talking about? I bought a cable from ebay with a cd, and it worked fine with my older C5 a6 and I could somewhat use it in my mkv jetta but for my c6 a6 it does not do squat. Unless you have actually bought this "audi vag-com interface 908", I wouldn't waste my money on it. Even if it does somehow work, it eventually will stop. Audi is forever changing their software/codings. If you buy this cable from said chinese dealer, you will not get updates so you can continue to use your product on newer models, nor will you get support if you have any problems. A program this good can not be had for a mere $40.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Try here before you buy anywhere else.

They have been in this business for years.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:46 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AsianiceStyle
If you buy this cable from said chinese dealer, you will not get updates so you can continue to use your product on newer models, nor will you get support if you have any problems. A program this good can not be had for a mere $40.
Ehhh, I don't know. I bought this one for me and it works nicely. Also, my friend got A8 '05 and has a lower version cable for 2+ years, and it works amazingly.

Of course, Ross is good, just don't want to waste a money on it just yet. Cable is basically used to get some codings read, or see why your MIL light is on. For me it serves its needs.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got the chinese 908 software for my 2006 A6. seems to work pretty nicely so far. i used an old laptop that was just sitting in my closet. the only thing i didn't like was that it came with no instructions at all. i sorta had to tinker with it. it is basically an identical knock off of the ross tech version. there apparently is a beta 912 version out there that would work with C6.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

can you please share some links? I found a few sites, but am unsure of their quality etc.

Originally Posted by enc

Old 06-23-2010, 10:26 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
can you please share some links? I found a few sites, but am unsure of their quality etc.
I don't even remember where from I did get it. Something like that, did cost me about $40.00

http://product.madeinchina.com/VAG-C...11084460.shtml