A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

'07 A6 4.2 - wrecked...life saved!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by j_sonel
Again, I'm glad everyone is ok, and I'm not trying to be a dick... it just sounds odd that you have full coverage and your insurance company is not putting you back in a comparable vehicle.
I don't think you're being a jerk, and questioning insurance company coverage and contractual ethics is alway a good thing. If you read my details you can infer other factors are involved. Again, 3PedalMINI said it well and I added other factors of personal nature. Without going into gory detail, there are things I must budget for (ie - hospital, pending huge insurance rate increases due teen driver now with major accident, storage fees, rental fees, next vehicle registration fees, tag transfer fees, taxes, etc). It all adds up...quite a bit.

Anyway, upward and onward...
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MG Bud
I don't think you're being a jerk, and questioning insurance company coverage and contractual ethics is alway a good thing. If you read my details you can infer other factors are involved. Again, 3PedalMINI said it well and I added other factors of personal nature. Without going into gory detail, there are things I must budget for (ie - hospital, pending huge insurance rate increases due teen driver now with major accident, storage fees, rental fees, next vehicle registration fees, tag transfer fees, taxes, etc). It all adds up...quite a bit.

Anyway, upward and onward...
Fair enough, carry on. :-)
Old 10-13-2011, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Back on topic...

Just to steer things back on the path I intended, I wrote this thread not to talk financial burdens, but rather express my gratitude toward Audi as well as praise their superior safety engineering. We tend to focus on style, performance, comfort and such with our Audi vehicles, (for good reason), but ultimately if the worst happens we all want to know everything's going to be ok.

To recap, my daughter is alive after a severe incident. That's the bottom line and worth sharing with all that appreciate Audi and/or are considering purchasing one. My story is the ultimate selling tool.

Bud

Disclaimer: I, nor any friend or family member, am/are NOT professionally affiliated with Audi in any way, shape, or form other than being an appreciative client.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm glad everyone is safe MG Bud. I'm sure you will be able to purchase another Audi down the road so don't worry.

+1 on Hyundai Sonata. It received very good crash ratings and quality. I personally like the styling considering its only 20k car. I know it's no Audi, closest hyundai that's like an audi will be Equus or Genesis, but they might not be on your budget. Give sonata a test drive for sure.

Good luck with your purchase and let us know what you got.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MG glad they made it out ok.
Have u considered a new Jetta or Passat .....?
Old 10-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pcamaj
MG glad they made it out ok.
Have u considered a new Jetta or Passat .....?
Indeed I have. After all, they are genetic family to Audi.

Thanks for your well wishes.
Bud
Old 10-14-2011, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

i have seen accident right in front of me: Mitsubishi Montero hit abandoned SUV in the shoulder lane, she was doing about 55mph since she just pass me and i was doing 50. Lady was ok. She was able to open doors, but otherwise car was totaled.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I fully understand, medical bills can be rough and can ruin your life pretty bad. I wish her full and speedy recovery!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default safety

Glad everybody is safe.
Even getting an older Audi or any German car is still way better than a Hyundai
you may consider that for your next car, the possibility of getting in an accident again is always there, don't chance it.
the first pic is a 2000 S500 jan 25 2001 accident.
second is a 2001 S430 march 12 2001 accident.
Attached Images   
Old 10-17-2011, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s4master1
Glad everybody is safe.
Even getting an older Audi or any German car is still way better than a Hyundai
you may consider that for your next car, the possibility of getting in an accident again is always there, don't chance it.
You know, hyundai sonata got 5 star crash test ratings right? Probably you didn't know, since you never research on other cars except germans it seems like. I'm not trying to defend hyundai for any reason, but you talking like all german cars are the best is little out of the line here. Probably with the budget OP has, I don't think he should buy a german lux car that's old and out of warranty. Audi's (or other lux cars) are expensive to fix if anything goes wrong without the warranty.

My point, buy a new cheap car with good crash ratings and warranty. Good luck with your purchase OP.

Quick Reply: '07 A6 4.2 - wrecked...life saved!!