A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

07 Front Bumper To 07 S-line Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Front Bumper To 07 S-line Bumper

Hey all.

Car is at the body shop so I figured i'd tell them to upgrade my front bumper to the s-line thinking just the lower part was different, well they called and said only my Grill from the old bumper was interchangable(and washer covers).

so i still need, Fog lamps, fog lamp grills, and can't remember the exact name but they said something else is needed to cover some tow thing on the very lower part of the bumper.

Does anyone know where I can order these parts? checked genuineaudiparts but I can't seem to narrow it down to just S-line so I don't order the wrong parts, and no luck on ebay!

Last edited by gkb; 06-01-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maybe some members here might have these parts...

but your best bet is to get a vin number from a s-line A6 and take it to your local audi dealer to ensure you are getting the correct parts. sometimes even if you are off by one letter in the part # you could potentially get something that you dont want.

perhaps another member has the part numbers that you need,so you can order online. but if you are in a rush I would take it to the dealer because at least you would have the parts in 2 business days.

good luck

Originally Posted by gkb
Hey all.

Car is at the body shop so I figured i'd tell them to upgrade my front bumper to the s-line thinking just the lower part was different, well they called and said only my Grill from the old bumper was interchangable(and washer covers).

so i still need, Fog lamps, fog lamp grills, and can't remember the exact name but they said something else is needed to cover some tow thing on the very lower part of the bumper.

Does anyone know where I can order these parts? checked genuineaudiparts but I can't seem to narrow it down to just S-line so I don't order the wrong parts, and no luck on ebay!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the tip, thought of that but my audi dealer charges MSRP for the parts.

I told them id take the car back without the grills and fog lights if I cannot get the parts before they finish it up next week.

Found some prices.

Stealership - $520
Body Shop - $400
GenuineAudiVW - $410

My big fuss is I can only spend $200 if the fog lights are interchangeable which for some reason I believe they are b/c even on genuineaudiparts it just says 05 - 08

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...iagram=1352040

to anyone that has done a swap are the round 05-08 fog lamps interchnageable?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Im almost certain they are interchangeable...

but to be 100% sure...
use the audi dealership to do your homework...ask them if there is any difference between a s-line fog light and a non s-line, they should be able to decipher using part numbers.

Originally Posted by gkb
Thanks for the tip, thought of that but my audi dealer charges MSRP for the parts.

I told them id take the car back without the grills and fog lights if I cannot get the parts before they finish it up next week.

Found some prices.

Stealership - $520
Body Shop - $400
GenuineAudiVW - $410

My big fuss is I can only spend $200 if the fog lights are interchangeable which for some reason I believe they are b/c even on genuineaudiparts it just says 05 - 08

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/20...iagram=1352040

to anyone that has done a swap are the round 05-08 fog lamps interchnageable?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nemesisa6
but to be 100% sure...
use the audi dealership to do your homework...ask them if there is any difference between a s-line fog light and a non s-line, they should be able to decipher using part numbers.
Just called to be 100%.

GOOD NEWS, There 100% interchnageable from 05-08.
plus of course they wanted $185, when MSRP is $140.

Glad to get that out of the way, now just looking to get a cheaper price on the grills, anyone know any other part vendors besides genuineaudivw & ECStuning?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:03 AM
fca
Audiworld Junior Member

Just did the same thing for my 2006. How did yours turn out?

Was going to go with genuineaudiparts (they had the best prices for genuine parts), but shipping and timing wouldn't have worked out. So just went with the local dealer that the body shop was affiliated with and paid retail price.

The bumper and the brackets were covered by the insurance. I just needed to change out the fog light grills and add the washer caps. (it came out to $68 + 48 x2)

The S-Line gives it a more sporty look. Glad I went with it. It was a perfect opportunity since the bumper was basically free.

But after getting the car back I noticed that behind the fog light grills I can see tubing and wires. I think they forgot to put in the grill covers.

Anyone with an S-Line have a picture of the fog lights and the grills, so I can compare to see if something is missing.

Thanks.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM
fca
Audiworld Junior Member

So, I took the car back this morning and the old cover doesn't fit.

So it will be another hundred dollars for the grill cover.

Does anyone know it we really need this or not. Will it damage the car at all?