A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2005 A6 not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 202 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusa
hey bosun i have an 07 audi a6 and i have the same problem that you described and i would like to know if your fix worked just tapping on the relays and putting them back in or did that not last long, if not what fixed your problem thanks.
Hi Rusa,

What does your vag-com log look like? You may have the same issue, i.e. no start, however the cause and actions required to remedy might be quite different.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Hi Rusa,

What does your vag-com log look like? You may have the same issue, i.e. no start, however the cause and actions required to remedy might be quite different.
I have these 2 codes
P0562
P0687
Old 02-21-2016, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 202 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusa
I have these 2 codes
P0562
P0687
Were those pulled by a vag-com or a generic obd scanner? The latter is usually worthless
Old 02-21-2016, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
Were those pulled by a vag-com or a generic obd scanner? The latter is usually worthless

Vag-com
Old 02-27-2016, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you fix the relay by tapping on it you are really not fixing it because it will happen again at decreasing intervals until the relay burns out. To save yourself the hassle just get new relay that cost around $25.
Old 01-31-2020, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by haloguy628
If you fix the relay by tapping on it you are really not fixing it because it will happen again at decreasing intervals until the relay burns out. To save yourself the hassle just get new relay that cost around $25.
Originally Posted by am_ver
SAE VAG Description
P0562 16946 System Voltage Low

Automatic Transmission

Multi-Function Transmission Range (TR) Switch, checking
Pressure regulator valves, checking
Sensor for transmission output RPM, checking
Sensor for transmission RPM, checking
Solenoid valve 1, checking
Transmission Control Module (TCM) J217 , replacing
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor, checking

SAE VAG Description
P0687 17071 ECM/PCM Power Relay Control Circuit High

J271 - Motronic engine control module (ECM) power supply relay

Motronic Engine Control Module (ECM) Power Supply Relay J271 , checking

J623 - Engine Control Module (ECM)

Engine Control Module (ECM) J623 , replacing
Engine Control Module (ECM) J623 voltage supply, checking
Motronic Engine Control Module (ECM) Power Supply Relay J271
J623 - Engine Control Module (ECM)

Can anybody help with where to buy these, or even where are they located, and how to they look.
I googled to all my known sources, and these two items are literally showing up only on this forum.

I have weird starting issues, and have a feeling these might be exact culprit!
As I tried everything, and there is no codes.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've have a 2005 A6 quattro 3.2 that turns over but won't start giving no codes no check engine lights on it's the strangest thing. Was running fine then out of nowhere I take it to work park it for my shift and it has not started since. I've changed the fuel filter, vacuum lines, fuel pump and checked all the fuses nothing has done the trick. Does anyone know where the relays are located for the fuel pump. I am very new to the Audi world so really know nothing about this car but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it now I think I know why. Hahaha also I was reading up on a high pressure fuel pump in these cars where is this located if anybody knows. Any help would be fantastic cause I am at a loss as to what the hell is going on with this car. Thanks
Old 02-18-2022, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jason64
I've have a 2005 A6 quattro 3.2 that turns over but won't start giving no codes no check engine lights on it's the strangest thing. Was running fine then out of nowhere I take it to work park it for my shift and it has not started since. I've changed the fuel filter, vacuum lines, fuel pump and checked all the fuses nothing has done the trick. Does anyone know where the relays are located for the fuel pump. I am very new to the Audi world so really know nothing about this car but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it now I think I know why. Hahaha also I was reading up on a high pressure fuel pump in these cars where is this located if anybody knows. Any help would be fantastic cause I am at a loss as to what the hell is going on with this car. Thanks
High pressure fuel pump is usually next to the intake manifold. You can use a obd reader to see the fuel pressure in the rail, to see if that is causing the issue. Have you tried the simple classic jumpstart? It might just be the battery is too weak to turn it around properly, does your dash blink/go black when u try to start it?
Old 02-18-2022, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yeah I forgot to mention I put a brand new battery in it also but I have not put my meter to it yet nor have I pressure tested anything.
Old 02-18-2022, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

The fuel pump fuse is on the passenger side of the car (right) and I'm pretty sure it is identified on the cover you remove to access the fuses.

Quick Reply: 2005 A6 not starting