A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2007 S6 Tranny Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2007 S6 Tranny Issue?

I drive the car only in sport mode, so this is where I notice this issue. When I am barely rolling in first (1-2 mph in auto sport mode), or am at a stop, and give it some gas, every once in a while the car does not move immediately (.25-.5 second lag), but then it slams into a gear (1st) and almost hops. The best way I can describe it is - it is almost like a nutral drop, but with a bang and much ruffer. This happens a few times a week. Anyone experienced anything similar? Would really like to know so that I know what to tell my Audi advisor. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I haven't experienced that one. I don't see how driving in sport mode only would/could cause something like that. Try driving in regular mode only for a while and see if the same issue happens. If so, you can eliminate the sport mode only theory and you know the dealer will ask you the same question (about it happening in regular mode).
Old 04-24-2009, 11:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not here either. hope it is not serious. there is the snap your neck jump from the throttle tip in, but that does not seem to be what you are describing.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Man, I hat regular drive mode, but you are correct. I'll keep it in D for the next few days and see what happens.

Originally Posted by aceecaus
Sorry, I haven't experienced that one. I don't see how driving in sport mode only would/could cause something like that. Try driving in regular mode only for a while and see if the same issue happens. If so, you can eliminate the sport mode only theory and you know the dealer will ask you the same question (about it happening in regular mode).
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have this same issue and it happens in regular D mode.

It's as though the tranny gets caught in two minds and hesitates. When it happens most is when I'm coasting up to a stop and either don't stop completely and try to accelerate or I come to a full stop and then take off almost immediately (though not aggressively)

Was planning on taking it in for service and inquiring about it.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Let me know what they say. It is not consistant enough on my end to were I can demonstrate it to the dealer. So not sure if they will give me the runaround.

Originally Posted by Tripp
I have this same issue and it happens in regular D mode.

It's as though the tranny gets caught in two minds and hesitates. When it happens most is when I'm coasting up to a stop and either don't stop completely and try to accelerate or I come to a full stop and then take off almost immediately (though not aggressively)

Was planning on taking it in for service and inquiring about it.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will do.

Like you, I'm concerned that it won't be repeatable at the dealer and they'll blow it off, but I'll be in there anyway so...

Btw, FWIW, mine is not an S6, but rather an 07 A6 3.2 Sline
Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a 08 A6 Sline 3.2 and have that same lag / hesitation. It does not happen all the time, just when I need to pull out because traffic is flying in my direction!
Old 04-27-2009, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No tranny's in my car sorry.. can't help out there..
Old 04-27-2009, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it happened to me this morning, this sucks

Quick Reply: 2007 S6 Tranny Issue?