A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2010 A6 3.0T Fail!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SupraLx570
Well guys seem likes this car has disappointed me again....RED LOW OIL LEVEL light came on today, pulled over and sure enough engine completely dried no oil, no warnings, no nothing. Of course I was stranded with wife and two toddlers. To top it all off, I got this ******* from the road side assistant who kept on suggesting to put oil in and drive home....

Has anyone else had this problem or is it just my luck??
recent LOF service? maybe the tech didn't button things up properly?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 917 Likes on 750 Posts

Considering the number of problems you have had with this car, it may be time to look into exercising your rights under your state's Lemon Law.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1. I really think you have a legitimate reason to claim a lemon here. Just the fact that a car less than a year old has stranded you on the road twice should be sufficient. Sorry to hear your troubles. Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very ...very simple....they built your car on friday.....not tuesday.

sounds funny

but very true
Old 12-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well guys seem likes this car has disappointed me again....RED LOW OIL LEVEL light came on today, pulled over and sure enough engine completely dried no oil, no warnings, no nothing. Of course I was stranded with wife and two toddlers. To top it all off, I got this ******* from the road side assistant who kept on suggesting to put oil in and drive home....

Yup, happened to me 2010 A6. But I take full use of the warranty. however never experienced the coolant leak etc.

I guessed its the factory engine oil and the engine built itself (audi piston design) that it eats the M-Oil that I had to top-up the oil frequently. I haven't sent my for the 1st engine oil change tho. Will do it soon.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It sure sounds like you did some damage when you ran the car with no coolant. I think you might be right the 1st time, you might have a crack head gasket. Does you oil look like milkshake in color or white smoke from your tail pipe?
Old 12-20-2010, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

haha, sorry for the laugh buddy, but they say misery needs company.... i have my 2005 a6 4.2 sline...i must say i love the car.... but almost everything that could have gone wrong with it, i think it did... nothing surprises me anymore. Every single individual, tech, even their cleaning guys know me at the dealer... but what you gonna, it may sound as a cliche but none much we can do... i hope u wont have many other problems with ur car...
but hang in there...
Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know how you feel. I had my water pump go last December. Then, in January, at the end of a 7hr drive, an EPC warning came on then a low oil warning soon after. Turns out I had a defective oil filter or it was installed incorrectly. Audi Roadside did a good job but I was still furious. Knock on wood, since then, I have not had any issues minus one side of my LEDs going out which was replaced under warranty.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone for your input. Went to the dealer on monday and had them check the car for signs of leaks but nothing indicated that was the case. Service manager explained to me that audi engines do consume oil, and the reason why the dip stick showed up as empty is because it only measures 1.4 quartz. It turned out engine was down a quart and a half of oil but was not completely empty. They top it off and I have been driving it without any warning lights.
I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, I love this car and would hate to find myself having to get rid of it.