A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2010 A6 Residual and MF - Killed the car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 A6 Residual and MF - Killed the car

I cannot believe how bad AOA killed to potential of this car, I have a 2010 A6 3.0t with 18 sports coming into port next week and got the call yesterday. I was thrilled until I asked the SPECIFIC questions about MF and Residual.

AOA is releasing this car with a 49% residual for 10K miles, are you kidding me!!! and a MF of .00141 (which I am wondering if it has dealer margin in). The completely just priced this car out of the market. It makes no fiscal sense to lease this car, and with that residual it also doesn't make sense to buy it as they just set the market way low on the aftermarket retail down the road.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS AOA. I am a very loyal (3 new audis over 9 years) audi driver however now I have no choice but to lease a 535i with their 61% residual.

UNREAL - sorry for the vent, I am just really irritated as I extended my lease for this car
Old 08-19-2009, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear.. The 49% resid is better than the 47-48% on a 2009 A6, however, this higher MF kills the deal. The MF on an '09 is close to zero.
Have you considered an '09 if you can live without the 3G MMI?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Sorry to hear.. The 49% resid is better than the 47-48% on a 2009 A6, however, this higher MF kills the deal. The MF on an '09 is close to zero.
Have you considered an '09 if you can live without the 3G MMI?
agreed audi's don't hold their value. I am thinking because most people who want to buy a used car would go for a BMW or Mercedes because they can't afford them new compared with the Audi. Also I think Lexus, Mercedes and Audi all hold more prestige than Audi.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus more prestige? No way it's a japenese car. Once I went German I would never get a japenese car. Even their flagship car looks crappy inside.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audi's getting arrogant ... and it will backfire soon enough.

I went to ask for the lease on the Audi Q5 and it was like $535/month with I think a $3000 downpayment. And I said, well .. what about the Q5 with an S-Line package ? The salesman came back after talking to the manager and said .. with the S-line it is $850/ month ?

WTF ? $850/month from $535/month ... a $315 difference just because of the S-Line package ????????? No thanks.

And then I said ... the other dealer was offering $480/month, so why $535/month ... and then the salesman went and talked to the manager and came back and said ... yeah, we can try and go lower.

A few months after (during summer), Audis were not selling well and the dealer has taken off about $3000 - $5000 off the MSRP for most of the Audis in their lot inventory. Not good.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by triplecore
agreed audi's don't hold their value. I am thinking because most people who want to buy a used car would go for a BMW or Mercedes because they can't afford them new compared with the Audi. Also I think Lexus, Mercedes and Audi all hold more prestige than Audi.
And especially pre-owned A6 has never been a hot car on the used-car market. Very few buyers are going after used A6's. But used A4's are virtually flying off in the used-car lots, in comparison.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joseaudi
Lexus more prestige? No way it's a japenese car. Once I went German I would never get a japenese car. Even their flagship car looks crappy inside.
this could become a heated debate. jk. I mean I understand it is a Japanese car, but I just think Mercedes, Lexus, BMW all seem to be more sought after and purchased by people with higher income. Just because it is Japanese does not mean it is a lesser car compared to German cars. I think our Lexus RX330 is a lot more luxurious than my A6. Its leather is softer, the AC/Heater is quieter, the carpet is thick. The car is just so well damped. My A6 center console seems cheap and the fact that you can't lock the glove box is a major oversight. Than again I can't prove that fact it is just my opinion.

I remember along time ago they had a page on MSN cars that would tell people the median income of buyers of Makes and even the model breakdowns. I guess if we could find that site it could be the key to our answer.

I would much rather have a IS250 over the 2009-2004 A4 the interior in that model was horrible. I think the LS460 is alot nicer than the Audi A8, but it is not a fair comparison as the A8 has been on the market since 2003.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Put yourself in Audi's position. After you lease the vehicle, they take possession of it. At that point, if the car is worth far less than the offset in price based on your lease payments, Audi is taking a bath. You want a $50,000 car for $600 a month. In a 36 month lease, the car would then have a residual of a little higher than $28400 since financing is not free. So say the residual is actually $32000. The car is not going to be worth that after 3 years. So why is it right for you to ask Audi to take a bath for you to "rent" their vehicle?
Old 08-21-2009, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pdxaudi3.2
I cannot believe how bad AOA killed to potential of this car, I have a 2010 A6 3.0t with 18 sports coming into port next week and got the call yesterday. I was thrilled until I asked the SPECIFIC questions about MF and Residual.
I know you have been waiting for this car, and this is bad news.

With that residual Audi is pretty much telling you that the car isn't going to have terrific resale value after the upcoming redesign. I certainly wouldn't want to buy one of these either.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Does any car built in the last 3 years have good resale currently in this economy? Quite a few companies have raised lease rates, or dropped leasing programs entirely because trying to predict resale values is impossible.

Quick Reply: 2010 A6 Residual and MF - Killed the car