A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2010 Audi A6 - does it have Navigation? How can you tell: MMI with Nav vs No Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM
Cos
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Audi A6 - does it have Navigation? How can you tell: MMI with Nav vs No Nav?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, as I just bought a used 2010 Audi A6 S-Line, Special Edition.
The seller was not able to tell me if the car has Navigation or not.

After doing a lot of research on different forums and unsuccessful attempts of inquiring the original dealer (Uptown Audi in Markham) and even Audi Canda (by phone) i still cannot tell for sure whether I have the Navigation on my car or not.

I also can't tell which MMI version I have- I suppose it's the 3g but not sure if it's 3g low or high.

Could anyone here help me figuring this out?

The A6 has 2 players in the glove compartment, positioned next to each other - a 6CD/Mp3 changer as well as another CD or DVD player with 2 SD card slots (called Audi Multimedia). It also seem to have the Audi AMI (the plugin for USB/IPhone etc cables). It also has the MMI color screen (but I cannot tell if it's 6.5 or 7 inches), DSP audio. The car also has the blutooth and voice recognition integrated which both work fine.

When I press the Nav button the screen displays "Navigation system not available" in some blue color while when I press the Info button it displays "Info not available" in the same blue color. Could this mean that the Nav system is present but the Nav DVD is not inserted maybe?

Or could it be that all the hardware for the Nav system is there but it just needs to be activated?

Shouldn't I be able to get the full specs of my car from the Audi dealership? I called a couple of local dealerships about this and the people there that I talked to didn't even quite seem to know what the MMI is or how to check which kind I have. - at one point somebody from service even said that my car doesn't have MMI at all (which I know I have it and already used it- all 2010 A6 have it)

Thank you and I appreciate your help.

Cos
Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sound like you got 3G system with Nav but your missing the disc.

Last edited by eazy211187; 02-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

open the truck, To the left hand side there will be a compartment. Open the compartment and there will be a black trey there. If you see a Unit there that says audi navigation it means you have a nav unit. Please check and let us know. Thanks
Old 02-21-2013, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

It appears that you don't have the NAV option. If you were simply missing the disc, it would say so on the screen. As Daudia6 mentioned, the best way to make sure is to see if you have the DVD NAV player installed in your trunk.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 AM
Cos
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi and thank you for your answers.
Yes, I checked and I don't have a unit in the trunk, but I thought that for this model they changed to having the Navigation DVD in the glove compartment, as part of the Audi Multimedia CD/DVD/SD player. I have both a CD changer (6) unit and the Audi Multimedia unit (with the CD/DVD and the 2 SD card slots) next to each other in the glove compartment. I have heard of some people that copied the Navigation DVD to an SD card and used the navigation from the SD card. That's why I though my unit could actually e a DVD Nav unit.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cos
Hi and thank you for your answers.
Yes, I checked and I don't have a unit in the trunk, but I thought that for this model they changed to having the Navigation DVD in the glove compartment, as part of the Audi Multimedia CD/DVD/SD player. I have both a CD changer (6) unit and the Audi Multimedia unit (with the CD/DVD and the 2 SD card slots) next to each other in the glove compartment. I have heard of some people that copied the Navigation DVD to an SD card and used the navigation from the SD card. That's why I though my unit could actually e a DVD Nav unit.
Do you have a compartment rack in the truck of your car ? Do you see wires hanging there ?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another way to find out what your car options are, is to look to your Audi Code Sticker located at the spare wheel compartment, also in car's original maintenance booklet, if you still have it. To decode, copy and paste the codes and go to this site ->
http://igorweb.org/equidec/Default.aspx

e.g. 7Q2 = Navigation system with color screen

Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In my car the nav is listed as 7T6

BTW because of this thread I found out I have a heated steering wheel, the one option I really missed from my '01 allroad. Audi does a good job in hiding the heated steering wheel switch. In the allroad it was hooked up to the drivers side heated seat. Turn on the seat you turned on the wheel. When I bought the car and read the manual I thought the button was on the outside of the wheel not on top, and to the rear of the 7:00 spoke. I have to pay closer attention.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cos
I thought that for this model they changed to having the Navigation DVD in the glove compartment, as part of the Audi Multimedia CD/DVD/SD player. I have both a CD changer (6) unit and the Audi Multimedia unit (with the CD/DVD and the 2 SD card slots) next to each other in the glove compartment. I have heard of some people that copied the Navigation DVD to an SD card and used the navigation from the SD card. That's why I though my unit could actually e a DVD Nav unit.
i believe they went from CD based units to Hard Disk units.. and im not sure where the hard disk unit is located. im guessing in the trunk .. i have a 2011 but its new and i have been busy to really poke around and see the upgrade/changes

btw .. u have a MMI 3G ig your main center MMI button has an intergrated toggle switch on top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 AM
Cos
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Daudia6
Do you have a compartment rack in the truck of your car ? Do you see wires hanging there ?
I have a unit in the trunk and after I took its model number and run a search on it on the Web I discovered it's the Sirius radio.
There are cables hanging there (in the compartment on the left side of the trunk) but no unit other than the Sirius radio.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2010 Audi A6 - does it have Navigation? How can you tell: MMI with Nav vs No Nav?