A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

2011 Audi Pricing - Canada...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 Audi Pricing - Canada...

Old 06-02-2010, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh don't get me started on the prices of Audis (or all cars) in Canada. I recently moved to Winnipeg from Seattle and I am blown away by the prices of cars here. Even with the currency conversion, it's not enough to justify such massive differences in price. For me it's worth the extra hassle to buy cars in the states and import them.

Take a look at this site: http://www.importcartocanada.info/fa...e-msrp-prices/. Granted it's data from 2008, but the data is still interesting.

On a positive note, it's good to see there are no drastic changes in prices for the worse.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrCold
Oh don't get me started on the prices of Audis (or all cars) in Canada. I recently moved to Winnipeg from Seattle and I am blown away by the prices of cars here. Even with the currency conversion, it's not enough to justify such massive differences in price. For me it's worth the extra hassle to buy cars in the states and import them.

Take a look at this site: http://www.importcartocanada.info/fa...e-msrp-prices/. Granted it's data from 2008, but the data is still interesting.

On a positive note, it's good to see there are no drastic changes in prices for the worse.
Canada is the place where a six figure income will land you a fully-loaded Corolla. The problem with importing from the states is a 20% charge across the border (taxes and duty) + minimum of $500+ for tests/modifications. I've done it with my A4 and I only ended up saving less than $1000 in the end (it will be even less with a broker), definitely not worth the hassle.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Winnipeg

Originally Posted by DrCold

The real issue here is wtf did you move from Seattle to Winnipeg for?
Old 06-13-2010, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gmad
The real issue here is wtf did you move from Seattle to Winnipeg for?
LOL +1 to that.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Haha. I swear I get asked that at least once a day! LOL.

Let's just say, a man will do strange things for love.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

100+ days of temperatures below freezing in the winter, floods in the spring, bugs in the summer, but hey, they don't call it the 'Paris of the Prairies' for nothing. You should have split the difference with your beloved and both moved to Vancouver, Calgary even!
Back to the original topic, you are right on about the cost of cars in Canada. I imported an A6 last year, and would do it again in a heartbeat. With currency at par or thereabouts, it makes sense to import, especially on higher end, used models. Audi, unlike some of it's competitors, does not require onerous, needless modifications to make them 'legal' in Canada. The wild card in the whole process is RIV, the privately owned entity that determines which vehicles are eligible for import and allows the individual manufacturers to detail the mods necessary to import. Such as Mercedes and BMW requiring new instrument clusters and headlights.
Kudos to Audi for not being unreasonable in that regard.