A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

3.0Ters check in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrade parts and my car

I went to Waterwerks at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, WA last weekend. It was mainly VW's, but some Audis (mainly A4's and S4's- of course) There were two excellent customized 2003 RS6's there- that was REALLY cool! Anway, Achtuning was there as well as Stasis. Stasis has a cat-back exhaust for the A6 3.0T, as well as a suspension (springs and only rear sway bar), and supposedly an ECU upgrade. However, all their stuff is very expensive- ECU upgrade $1500, springs and sway bar $1250, cat back $1400- and none of this includes labor from a dealer (at $125/hr.). I'd wait to see what APR comes out with. The Achtuning guys tell me that the ECU for the 3.0T S4 and A6 is a completely different manufacturer than all the other units in all other Audis- the 3.0T is a Siemens unit, instead of a Bosch unit and, for some reason, this presents a coding problem, because the Bosch products are a known entity and have been messed with for years, whereas Siemens is new. All the units on the market right now are piggy back units that won't give you the hp/tq. increases that they claim-. AND they are All very expensive- $1500 to $2800. MTM, STatis, ABT, etc. not worth the price. Be patient and wait for APR. APR has the S4 exhaust now, as does Stasis and Milltek- all are arount $1500 to $2000. the A6 exhaust is ONLY available from Statis and its spendy- see above. thats all I know for now. On another note. I thought I'd post pics of my car (OK, its really my wifes) so far. Its being detailed at a friends house- thats not me (neither the dog nor the guy) I'm still waiting on shipment of some Eibach springs- should be here in 2 weeks. That will get rid of that nasty gap over the wheels- but it's only a 1.2 inch drop. I can't go much lower than that because I'm running 265's on 19X8.5 rims with a 35mm offset. I'll be surprised if they don't rub on the fronts as is. H&R springs would definitely rub so they are out- besides I don't want to drop it 1.6 inches- thats too low. anyway, enjoy, NIels
Attached Images   
Old 07-22-2010, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car! Eibachs dropped my 3.2 exactly 2 inches despite the specs from Eibach. Looked great though and you shouldn't get any rubbing.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default new car pics

Originally Posted by 2008A6
Nice car! Eibachs dropped my 3.2 exactly 2 inches despite the specs from Eibach. Looked great though and you shouldn't get any rubbing.
OK, so now here's what it looks like. I think we'll be getting different wheels soon though, they stick out too much, but surprising- no rubbing- even with the 265's. anyway, this drop is perfect for me and so far it handles fine- no jarring ride. chip is next, perhaps an exhaust (if my wife lets me) and that will probably be it. Finally looks like it should have from the factory. Niels.
Attached Images     
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by nielsn
I went to Waterwerks at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, WA last weekend. It was mainly VW's, but some Audis (mainly A4's and S4's- of course) There were two excellent customized 2003 RS6's there- that was REALLY cool! Anway, Achtuning was there as well as Stasis. Stasis has a cat-back exhaust for the A6 3.0T, as well as a suspension (springs and only rear sway bar), and supposedly an ECU upgrade. However, all their stuff is very expensive- ECU upgrade $1500, springs and sway bar $1250, cat back $1400- and none of this includes labor from a dealer (at $125/hr.). I'd wait to see what APR comes out with. The Achtuning guys tell me that the ECU for the 3.0T S4 and A6 is a completely different manufacturer than all the other units in all other Audis- the 3.0T is a Siemens unit, instead of a Bosch unit and, for some reason, this presents a coding problem, because the Bosch products are a known entity and have been messed with for years, whereas Siemens is new. All the units on the market right now are piggy back units that won't give you the hp/tq. increases that they claim-. AND they are All very expensive- $1500 to $2800. MTM, STatis, ABT, etc. not worth the price. Be patient and wait for APR. APR has the S4 exhaust now, as does Stasis and Milltek- all are arount $1500 to $2000. the A6 exhaust is ONLY available from Statis and its spendy- see above. thats all I know for now. On another note. I thought I'd post pics of my car (OK, its really my wifes) so far. Its being detailed at a friends house- thats not me (neither the dog nor the guy) I'm still waiting on shipment of some Eibach springs- should be here in 2 weeks. That will get rid of that nasty gap over the wheels- but it's only a 1.2 inch drop. I can't go much lower than that because I'm running 265's on 19X8.5 rims with a 35mm offset. I'll be surprised if they don't rub on the fronts as is. H&R springs would definitely rub so they are out- besides I don't want to drop it 1.6 inches- thats too low. anyway, enjoy, NIels
I know that's not you but is the Bully yours?

We have a 2010 A6 Prestige with 18" sport package. It's our dog mobile for our 7 year old English Bulldog that looks remarkably similar to that dog. Great car and great dog.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

sorry the bulldog isn't mine. its my friends (not the guy in the picture). he was another friend helping with the detailing. the dog was really cool though and well mannered.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Checkin In

Another 3.0T'er in Atlanta

Expect I will take advantage of some Mod's at some point, but it appears we still have a while to wait. Would be more interested in HP/TQ gains than visible tweaks.

2010 Night Blue Amaretto/Black Interior
Premium Plus
Nav