A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

30 inches of snow and the A6 owned!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 30 inches of snow and the A6 owned!

I swear this Audi is the best thing since apple pie in the snow. It truly handles like a tank. Clearance is the only issue when there's a chit load of snow on the ground. Other than that...she rides on rails.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh, I have a whole new perspective on the car after last weekend. It's a very solid winter car.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

over here in baltimore we got about 30 inches as well. i was cruising around yesterday like a champ. this car rocks in bad weather.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I also had the same awesome experience this past weekend when I went skiing (Tahoe). About 8 inches of snow, car was all covered in snow (like in mystrodo's sig pic), lot of uphill - Audi made me feel that the road was dry. Loved seeing the bimmers stuck and having to put their chains etc!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Driving around the Va/Maryland area must have been more hazardous due to the idiots around you. I used to live in Alexandria and when 2 inches snow fell everything came to a halt. 30 inches and you must have been the only one on the road.

Last edited by spence341; 02-08-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by spence341
Driving around the Va/Maryland area must have been more hazardous due to the idiots around you. I used to live in Alexandria and when 2 inches snow fell everything came to a halt. 30 inches and you must have been the only one on the road.
yea ppl cant drive here. im from nj where ppl drive crazy fast. its slows to a halt here when it starts to drizzle
Old 02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
I swear this Audi is the best thing since apple pie in the snow. It truly handles like a tank. Clearance is the only issue when there's a chit load of snow on the ground. Other than that...she rides on rails.
I'll second the clearence being a problem, I got mine hungup on the frame in my parking lot. It took a few hours to get it unstuck. Quattro doesn't help if the tires are not hitting the ground.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What is the deepest fresh snow that you guys you have driven in. I usually use my truck when it gets deep for the extra ground clearance. I am a little concerned that snow would accumlate under the car and I would get stuck when it is really deep.

Ray
Old 02-09-2010, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raaizin
What is the deepest fresh snow that you guys you have driven in. I usually use my truck when it gets deep for the extra ground clearance. I am a little concerned that snow would accumlate under the car and I would get stuck when it is really deep.

Ray
The snow we had on December 19 totaled 28 inches. I dug out and drove around my neighborhood without any problem, and there are some good sized hills. But that was a very powdery snow, couldn't make a snowball out of it for a couple of days....

Clearance is an issue (this is a car not a truck for God's sake....) I think good tires make a big difference. I just have the all season Continentals that were on my car when I bought it, and I would grade them as B- in the snow....
Old 02-09-2010, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just moved to Winnipeg, MB Canada last September and I get excited when it snows. I love driving the A6 in the snow. Granted I grew up in North Idaho, so snow isn't anything new to me, but damn, if the car just doesn't handle it like a champ. The rear bias makes for a perfect balance between oversteer and understeer. Much better than my A4 in the snow (although, my A4 had more ground clearence). Definately has my wife convinced that the A6 is one fo the best cars on the road.

Quick Reply: 30 inches of snow and the A6 owned!