A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

A6 20" wheel advice.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the help all. thought id show you a photo of what i bought.

20 x 8.5s & 9.0s. powdercoated with the later centre caps.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 925 Likes on 757 Posts

They look good. Post a picture of them on the car when you get a chance.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nedrager
Here's mine, 20x9 ET 45 with 265/30 Michelin Pilot Sport. My car has H&R coilovers and sits about as low as you can go without having to worry about where you're driving. At my ride height you CANNOT run a 20x9 ET 35 with a 265 tire... MAYBE with a 245 but it would be extremely close. Mine rubs the fender liner in the back when loaded but only enough to rub the fur off the liner. I haven't trimmed or rolled anything. If you run a 20x8 or 8.5 you will have a lot more clearance with a 265. If you want to run a 9.5 you'll be pushing it. If the car not lowered you could run a 265 with a 40 (45 maybe) offset but 35 will stick out badly, I'd look for 50 or higher offset but then your running the risk of touching the suspension. I did a lot of measurement and calculation before putting these on.

This is one of the best A6s I have ever seen...nicely done...custom but not too over the top on bling...IMO...love it...you just motivated me to start looking at an A6 4.2...LOVE IT!

How does it ride? Harsh, stiff...I know you have to watch the potholes. Thanks in advance for your insight.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Nedrager
Here's mine, 20x9 ET 45 with 265/30 Michelin Pilot Sport. My car has H&R coilovers and sits about as low as you can go without having to worry about where you're driving. At my ride height you CANNOT run a 20x9 ET 35 with a 265 tire... MAYBE with a 245 but it would be extremely close. Mine rubs the fender liner in the back when loaded but only enough to rub the fur off the liner. I haven't trimmed or rolled anything. If you run a 20x8 or 8.5 you will have a lot more clearance with a 265. If you want to run a 9.5 you'll be pushing it. If the car not lowered you could run a 265 with a 40 (45 maybe) offset but 35 will stick out badly, I'd look for 50 or higher offset but then your running the risk of touching the suspension. I did a lot of measurement and calculation before putting these on.

Who makes those wheels?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BklynNY
This is one of the best A6s I have ever seen...nicely done...custom but not too over the top on bling...IMO...love it...you just motivated me to start looking at an A6 4.2...LOVE IT!

How does it ride? Harsh, stiff...I know you have to watch the potholes. Thanks in advance for your insight.
Originally Posted by BklynNY
Who makes those wheels?
First, thanks for the kind words. Rides stiff like a sports car but not bone crushing. Definitely much firmer than stock. Yeah, 30 series tires make you mindful of the road surface.

SAT Autosport makes the wheels, TUV approved. I bought mine from ls-cardesign.de Not cheap. If you're interested, what are yo looking to spend?

I recently added full LED tails with amber blinkers. Also got a factory style front lip ordered. I'd like the factory 3 piece rear spoiler but the price is a bit high for what it is...

Last edited by Nedrager; 01-09-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MainlandMig
they are sweet but sometimes the center caps fade out .. heres an idea how they'd look

i always try to go OEM second hand aswell

if u wanted new OEMpl.us has em in 8.5 and 9

which rotiforms?

these r on my "maybe" list if i cant get my OEM 20s to work

i would go black and maybe black out my trim

I havent heard anything bad about KW..
im researching/shopping out coil overs now for a pre summer purchase... KW V3 are top my list so far
That set up is just awesome... The covet-meter spiked on that one!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
They look good. Post a picture of them on the car when you get a chance.
shall do. wont be going on yet as want to save for coilovers so its sitting right when they go on.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not sure how different A4 and A6 arches are with regards to how the wheels will sit. nobodys really running C6s in the uk.. all about the a4s over here!

NOT TRUE.
I live in the UK and on my second A6 c6. A4 too small.

Last edited by royclark; 01-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 20' mods

For those of you who are running on 20', I am wondering if you lowered the car in some way?

I am looking at new 20' for my C6, but didn't really want to have to mess with the ride height. I live in Colorado so lots of snow, and roads aren't that great, so I would prefer to keep the clearance.

So I am wondering if any one has pics of a C6 with 20' and no mods to the height? Does it even look good? Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed
Old 03-11-2012, 02:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what year do u have
also I assume u dont have stock sport or stock sline but just the stock std

check pics below with 19s
20s would look worse not better

people wrongly assume if they get bigger wheels that that will close up some of the wheel gap

yes that is a tiny bit true but visually it does the opposite
more attention will be drawn to the gap

i dont think u would be very happy with 20s (like u mentioned about roads n snow) plus it will look like an SUV

Quick Reply: A6 20" wheel advice.