A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

ACC not working, dealer re-aligned 3X still not working???

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACC not working, dealer re-aligned 3X still not working???

Hey everyone!

I am new to this forum and actually a noob in the Audi world.

I filled out the member intro section, so instead of wasting time in here, Ill get to the point.

I just purchased a '06 C6 4.2 s-line. I actually dont have the car yet, it is still in IL at Continental Audi getting the ACC fixed.

Now the story with this C6 was, the owner told me, a few months back he parked this over a parking curb. Went to dinner and a few hours later came out, car had settled, shift in reverse, and the bumper tore off the car. Called insurance, they fixed it and everything was fine. He tried to use ACC, and driver's display shows, "ACC not available!" Took it to the dealer, ran diagnostic, and they said the sensors were out of alignment.

Fine, spend 6 hours aligning the sensors, insurance paid and car was ready. Monday, the seller drove the car, tested ACC, doesn't work. So he took it back to the dealer, and same message, sensors are out. Again, the car went back on the rack for re-alignment. The seller was called, he picked up the car, tested the system, everything works. He sent me a SMS text showing a picture of it working. 15 mins later, he tells me it stopped working again. Brought the car to the dealership this morning, sensors again are out of alignment. Dealer yet again realigned and now wants to keep the car overnight to see what happens tomorrow. If they get the same error, they said they are going to replace the module.

I had to get the shipper to halt on the pickup twice because the dealer can't get the car right.

My .02$ is the tech isn't following procedure to run the realignment correctly or it could be something simple as the bracket holding onto the sensor is not secure.

If anyone can offer their two cents, would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks guys!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Good luck with Continental Audi, they do not have the best rep or do the right thing IMO. I will never go back to that dealership even for warranty work. I'm sure they will fix it eventually.

They do have an offsite mini test track though.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You know, that is not the first time I am hearing bad things about Conti Audi. Even the owner doesn't like taking it there, but the other nearest to him is 45 mins away so he just dealt with it. I any case, the SA said they had the car on the rack and performed everything as per Audi AG. But this morning the SA called and said everything looks fine. Tech drove the car twice and things were ok. Owner went to pick up the car, drive it all the way home in ACC mode for 30 mins and it stayed put. SA said the problem was a tiny mis alignment. So hopefully it stays. If not, I guess I just won't use it. I really don;t want to pay for 6 hours of labor, just to have a car on an alignment rack while they play connect the dots on the reflective board.

So we will see. I am having the car picked up on Monday, so hopefully it will be here by Wednesday. Requesting the car to be shipped top loaded, so we will see. I am getting excited!