A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

According to Edmunds....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default According to Edmunds....

The optional S Line interior package (S Line exterior package is mandatory on the A6 as of MY2008) on the A6 no longer includes the sport suspension as of MY2008.

Edmunds claims that the sport suspension, like the adaptive air suspension, is simply a stand alone option on the 2008 A6 with both of these optional suspension systems mutually exclusive.

Does anybody here on AudiWorld know if Edmunds is correct about the S Line interior package on the A6 not including the sport suspension as of MY2008?

I sure hope so as it is the only way you can get sport seats on the 2008 A6? Also, no longer including the sport suspension with the S Line interior package means that the S Line interior package can be had with either the sport suspension, adaptive electronic air suspension (not both of the above) or neither of the above, all of which Edmunds also claims.

Also, is the Milano leather any better than the merely adequate Volterra leather? If so, how much better is the Milano leather than the Volterra leather? Also, how does Milano leather compare with Valcona leather and Silk Nappa leather?
Old 08-25-2007, 08:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Some answers based on my recent ordering experience.

The sline interior is available only in black, and you cannot get alternate wheels. For me in NYC the heated steering wheel was more important, and I did not want black interior. The sport seats are available only with Sline, and the suspension options are a la carte.

No idea about the Milano, but the sales guy said Milano is more like Nappa (smooth) than the volterra, but not as smooth as Nappa. (he was comparing to the S4). I didn't care for the standard leather, so I ordered Milano. I will let you know once the car is delivered in November.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Does the S Line interior package now include a 3-spoke steering wheel on the A6?

Or, do you still get stuck with the same 4-spoke steering wheel that you get with the standard interior?

Also, a member of AudiWorld (who is a USA resident) that bought an early build 2005 A6 with the cream beige/black interior that is long gone from the A6 line up (at least in North America) special ordered the burl walnut wood interior trim instead of the beige birch wood interior trim that the cream beige/black interior normally came with? AofA actually allowed him or her to do so.

Since this is the case, would it be possible to special order the S Line interior package (black only) with burl walnut wood interior trim or the S6's genuine black carbon fiber interior trim in place of the grey birch wood interior trim that normally comes with the S Line interior package? I would think so. And, I would sincerely hope so as I prefer the burl walnut wood and carbon fiber to the grey birch wood (which, honestly, looks more brown than grey). Perhaps that is why the "grey" birch wood looks surprisingly good if not nearly as good as the burl walnut wood and carbon fiber.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default The three spoke with paddles is the Sline wheel. Not sure about your other question...

I would imagine if you were willing to cough up some change audi would make everything a la carte.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:56 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It may come down to the dealer's willingness to trust that you will take the car when it comes time

to sign a contract. When I ordered my '07 C6 4.2, the ABS specifically reserved the right to veto my exterior/interior color choices if I picked something too outre. They need to make sure it will be something they can move if you walk away on the purchase.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Excellent point, ESN

However, I am sure that if a customer special ordered a 2008 A6 with the S Line interior package with burl walnut wood or black genuine carbon fiber in place of the grey birch wood and decided against buying it that it would move very quickly.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Continuing on your excellent point, ESN

Also, Being that I live in Southeastern New York State, which now has a plethora of cold, snowy, sleets and icy winters, I would also special order the 6-stage heated outboard rear seating positions and ski sack behind rear seat center armrest as stand alone options.

If AofA and the dealer allowed a person to do this, that is. Hopefully, they would allow it.

Given how desirable 6-stage heated outboard rear seating positions and ski sack behind the center rear armrest are in the Northern 2/3s of the USA (which is incredibly so), I would think that AofA and the dealer would allow a person to do this.

I also would think that if these options, given their desirability in the Northern 2/3s of the USA, were special ordered as stand alone options that the car would be moved very quickly, provided that it is sold in the Northern 2/3s of the USA.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Forgive my ignorance ESN....

but what does outre mean? Also, how is outre pronounced? Can you please provide a dictionary spelling for outre, ESN? Thank you in advance.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Default From the American Heritage Dictionary

1) outre. The American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language: Fourth Edition. 2000.
...Highly unconventional; eccentric or bizarre: outre and affected stage antics (Michael Heaton). French, from Old French, defeated, past participle of outrer, to pass.<ul><li><a href="http://www.bartleby.com/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/ahdsearch?search_type=enty&amp;query=outre&amp;db= ahd">.</a></li></ul>
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 AM
ESN
Elder Member

I agree that they wouldn't object to special ordering the cold package in NY state.

Quick Reply: According to Edmunds....