A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

almost convinced about getting a a6 but....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default almost convinced about getting a a6 but....

im exited to be back, read bout 5 pages of these forums of catching up got alot more to go! but reading so much electrical problems kinda reminds me why i left audi, mechanically its amazing, electrical is hesitating.

so im stuck, now im thinking of getting of these cars?
audi a6 3.2
infiniti g37x
subaru legacy gt ltd

price range is 15-20k i got no hurry in purchasing planning bout 6 months or longer
mileage is 40-60k
i test drove all 3, and i loved all 3!
but audi sticks out the moest for me, need your help guys!

if id be getting a audi it would be lower miles, around 40-60k and so its pretty fresh car, i know its not as low maintenance as the other 2 cars,
but as far as options audi outbeats them both by far, with mmi, and quattro, i deff want awd for the wife, so help me out,
Old 03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you'll have a hard time finding a C6 A6 (2005-2009) 40-60K mile car for $15-20K. For that money, I think you'll be looking at cars with 80-100K mileage.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my '05 A6 3.2 with 68k miles for $15k.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats for your new audi enjoy it
Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 202 Likes on 173 Posts

if your question is 'should I get the Audi'...realizing you posted on an Audi Forum and EVERYONE here is biased towards Audi's...I think the emphatic answer will be 'YES'

it such a subjective question and only you know what are the most important aspects of a new car that you require. If it were me, I'd make a clear list of priorities I require in a car and stack rank these. Based upon these 'needs' I'd check the available options which best address the needs and calibrate the results.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was in a similar predicament 9 months ago.

Watch some Youtube videos about Quattro in snow and you can easily drop the Infiniti from the talk. Infiniti will only leave you wishing you had a real AWD system.

The Suby is decent, but IIRC, they don't offer forced induction anymore. If that Legacy you are looking at is a turbo, add a point to the Suby.

But, 2005-2007 Suby already looks old. And you will find that the Audi is more luxurious and refined. I have yet to find a car in this range that has more supportive and adjustable seats.

Last point: Unless you are ready to chip it, the Suby starts at a lower HP VS the Audi and for some stupid reason doesn't get better mileage than the A6. 24MPG Highway V 27 MPG Highway (I easily get 32MPG on my 07 with 85k on the clock)
Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

not sure how on earth you could cross shop a gross cheap plasticky subaru with an audi or infinti. If your wanting a high tech luxury car, your gonna have to get over the possible electrical issues, which in my opinion is very scarce. Get the audi, be happy.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cal3thousand
I was in a similar predicament 9 months ago.

Watch some Youtube videos about Quattro in snow and you can easily drop the Infiniti from the talk. Infiniti will only leave you wishing you had a real AWD system.

The Suby is decent, but IIRC, they don't offer forced induction anymore. If that Legacy you are looking at is a turbo, add a point to the Suby.

But, 2005-2007 Suby already looks old. And you will find that the Audi is more luxurious and refined. I have yet to find a car in this range that has more supportive and adjustable seats.

Last point: Unless you are ready to chip it, the Suby starts at a lower HP VS the Audi and for some stupid reason doesn't get better mileage than the A6. 24MPG Highway V 27 MPG Highway (I easily get 32MPG on my 07 with 85k on the clock)

my brother has a infiniti and the awd got him not alot of places
my brother in law has a subaru non turbo but the awd is amazing and very reliable,
and yes the newer ones are very plasticy i agree, and yes the body style is getting slightly old,
my intentions of a subaru were a turbo 2.5 gt, with navi and the si drive, so adds a few more nice options,

and i would deff chip it for power and economy! lol mostly power,

wow! 32 mpg?!? the more i read positives i want one! i do not drive alot at all, my job is 2.3 miles from work, so im looking for a nice weekend car, and something i can hop in to and go far without giving it a second thought,
Old 03-26-2013, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Prospeeder
not sure how on earth you could cross shop a gross cheap plasticky subaru with an audi or infinti. If your wanting a high tech luxury car, your gonna have to get over the possible electrical issues, which in my opinion is very scarce. Get the audi, be happy.

i like this! i just always loved the boxter engine and the beautiful sound that it gives out!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

In that case, definitely go with the Audi. It's a nicer car. The creature comforts and the little luxury items. Not knocking the Suby, but they are not up to Audi's standards quite yet.

VAG-COM is also something cool about these cars. Lots of configurations available and parts across the VAG brands.

Quick Reply: almost convinced about getting a a6 but....