A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Almost got an A6 But...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got an A6 But...

I just finalized the details of a new job that will require me to get a new car, I start next week. I had narrowed down my choice to an A6 3.2 or a Mercedes E350 4-Matic. I really could not decide between the two cars and finally told myself whichever car I can get the best deal I'm getting. I went to my local Audi dealer to get leasing figures. After explaining to the salesman what I wanted he told me he could not quote me a deal because Audi has not yet set money factors or residuals. So I told him "you mean if I wanted to lease a car right now and pick it up in the morning I couldn't?) he said yes but he would call me in a few days with the figures but warned me they would most likely not be that great. I walked out shaking my head.

I then went to the local Mercedes dealer, salesman was great, we made a deal right on the spot and I'm picking up my new E350 tomorrow.

Now I'm not bashing Audi as a car because I thought the A6 was a great vehicle, but if Audi as a company wants to sell more cars maybe they should get their act together. If the salesman was able to quote me a good deal maybe I'd be picking up an A6.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Service is always the problem with Audi...
Old 10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no offense but,

1. Leasing isn't buying. I would care more about losing you if you were buying.

2. I evaluate cars based on features and looks first, price second. For example, I wouldn't be caught dead driving a BMW right now, even if it was marginally cheaper.

Anyway, I don't work for Audi, so ultimately I don't care.

Question though, why not consider Lexus or Acura if price was your primary factor? At least those don't have the quality and reliability problems MB has had, nor do they come with the Chrysler stigma.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Where do you live?

Some of the Audi Dealers seem to be a bit spotty. Our dealer in Greensboro, NC is fantastic and has excellent service. We just took our A6 Avant in for servicing and got a brand new TT for a loaner car (what an awesome car!). The Mercedes is a very nice car though and I wish you luck with it!
Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Was there a reason you couldn't wait a couple of days to make sure you were getting

a good deal on the Merc? After all, it is a large chunk of change to be parting with every month, and a few days doesn't seem like much unless you have a hard deadline.

AFS changes rates like any bank, around the 1st thru 8th of the month. Your salesperson sounds like they were hoping for better rates "next" month, and didn't want to insult you with the old rates. That suggests some attempt at honesty.

I wish you the best of luck with the Mercedes, and hope you won't need to visit the service dept too often.<ul><li><a href="http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/02/28/038601.html">http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2007/02/28/038601.html</a</li></ul>
Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Great to see that Audi is moving up on the list. Question April. . .

April,

Looks like I'm going to lease a company car, instead of taking one off the list - nothing AWD this year. Anyway, do you have an idea what I should pay for a lease on an A4 2.0T Tip Quattro with Premium, Convenience, Cold, Blue Tooth. I'd like to do 24 months, 12K or 15K, unless the sweet spot for length of lease is the usual 39 months. Thanks!

Joe
Old 10-03-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Audi North America is not on the level of BMWNA or Mercedes NA, yet.

However, the Audi car is. If you really want a manufacurer that pushes customer service though go with Lexus, Acura or Infinty. The car is boring but they treat you like they appreciate your business.
My dealer here is good, they just do not get the Audi NA support.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Lease rates vary each month. The residual falls throughout the model year, and the money factor

is adjusted to keep the payment somewhat stable. The fun part is guessing when AFS might offer some subventing, thus making the cars less expensive. One thing to keep in mind is that depending on state, you may end up paying for a full year of registration without refund despite only using the car for 39 or 42 months on those leases, so it's a mixed bag. 36 months is often the sweet spot.

I don't have the rates for this month, but expect a residual for 36 months to be in the 60% range of MSRP. QTR always has higher residual than Front Trak, and of course 12K miles will bump it up. I hear the money factors are extremely good - or were last month anyway. In the .00145 to .00188 range.

Not sure if it remains in effect, but there was/is $3000 cash back to the dealer on some 2007 A4s. The problem is the residual will reflect that it is essentially a year old car, and the money factors may not be too hot. Might be a better deal for buyers.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:13 PM

Weird first post...
Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default April, I've had the same response from a few Audi dealers...

during the first 1-5 days of the month...

it seems they can't quote because of AFS.

it's ridiculous a salesman can't quote because Audi doesn't have their stuff together.

from a consumer standpoint if you want to close a deal, and you can't because the car company can't come up with a number, it's pretty sad. you're going to walk.

Quick Reply: Almost got an A6 But...