A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Anyone with a chipped 3.0T?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with a chipped 3.0T?

Just wanna get some some feedback. Curious between the feel of the 3.0t chipped vs the feel of a s6. Thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MTM and Stasis have a chip out but so for the 3.0T community has been holding out until other local vendors come out with their own version of it. Chances are that the car (3.0T) will be quick. It is stock, and that's from my exprience. However, having to chose between either one (used S6 or new 3.0T chipped) I would go with the S6. The interior, handling, and sound of the S6 is far superior that of the 3.0T.

Originally Posted by pepperhead
Just wanna get some some feedback. Curious between the feel of the 3.0t chipped vs the feel of a s6. Thanks
Old 04-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What I was thinking is that there should be moderate mods done to the 3.0T (being that is blown) to get you higher power than what you can achieve in the S6. Then was thinking sport package for a little "closer feel" to the S6. And yes the interior in the S6 is sick!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am on the same page as you on this Pepper. My A5 is not big enough for business and while fairly quick, is not the "Super Sedan" I want. BMW is out as they are fugly and I need 4WD so Audi is my favorite choice. Audi's look good as well and have the best AWD system. So how to do this without paying big $$$? I consider $80K to be too much money and besides, I go through cars too fast so I have to be careful.

CPO S6 pros:
- Awesome Lambo V10 engine, a collectors item now that engines are getting smaller.
- Carbon fiber interior and LED bar look better. S6 wheels are nice.
- S6 has the aura, reputation and prestige built in.
- Torque that shoves you into tomorrow and never ends.

S6 cons:
- Insurance and maintenance will be costlier. Brakes wear out faster.
- Heavy (4400+ lbs) and 0-60 MPH is only mid five seconds.
- Gasoline mileage will be in the mid teens.
- Ride seems to be brittle but I can live with it. Heavy car feel.

Chipped A6 3.0T pros:
- Insurance and maintenance should be cheaper. Stealthy super sedan potential.
- Lighter car, at 400HP should be faster, (likely low 5sec 0-60 MPH) and handling will be quicker.
- Better mileage with a V6 six speed trans.
- Can upgrade suspension, exhaust and wheels for a reasonable price. Thinking the Hartmann 19" HS5-209 wheels with summer rubber would be great.
- A lowered, de-badged look with a powerful motor has its own reward.
- relatively inexpensive but modern sedan. A 2-3 year old model should be reliable.

A6 3.0T cons:
- Generic A6 looks and a common sedan.
- LED DRLs not as nice as the S6's
- I am tired of the wood interiors.

The new S4 is yet another choice but size may be the dividing line ultimately.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jerry keep in mind if you go 19" sport package on the 3.0T you will get the 5 trispoke wheels, stiffer suspension and sport seats. Still no S6 butttt.
Yeah I was actually looking for someone who has done a software upgrade. I drove the 3.0T the S6 and really wanna hear a feedback on a chipped 3.0T. If someone ends up driving one please post your likes about the car. Thanks
Old 04-13-2010, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another con for the 3.0T is that they just came out and you will pay a premium price for one. Probably even more than you would for used S6. So if you want to save up then you better wait up. S6 can be had now.

In the end we will have to wait and see what the chipped 3.0T C6 will make on the dyno. Given the numbers I've seen from the B8 S4 crowd it should come close to the S6 in HP department. However S6 has INSANE amount of TQ of the line that the 3.0T will never have. You just get so much from the stock S6 that you will have to build into the 3.0T. After chip, suspension, wheels, and interior mods the 3.0T in the end will cost as much as a used S6. If you're gonna do all this work to 3.0T I'd just go for the S if gas is not an issue. I'm biased of course, but driving a screaming S6 around town is extremely rewarding.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Stasis will have theirs in month or two. They licensed the encryption from someone but are doing their own code. Stasis will have a more powerful pulley mod version in the Fall.
GIAC said "no ETA on the 3.0T chip". APR is also a few months out as well so we may be looking at the summertime for lots of options in the USA!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My timing is one year from now for a 2009 model with 18" wheels. I do not care for the 5 spoke tri-spokes. Or I might get the S6!! All depends on what the inventories look like and what everyone says about the mods.

Apparently the Stasis A6 3.0T test mule is in California. Would be nice if that owner would post some thoughts.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pepperhead
Jerry keep in mind if you go 19" sport package on the 3.0T you will get the 5 trispoke wheels, stiffer suspension and sport seats. Still no S6 butttt.
Yeah I was actually looking for someone who has done a software upgrade. I drove the 3.0T the S6 and really wanna hear a feedback on a chipped 3.0T. If someone ends up driving one please post your likes about the car. Thanks
You do not get sport seats with the sport package, unfortunately...
Old 04-14-2010, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Another con for the 3.0T is that they just came out and you will pay a premium price for one. Probably even more than you would for used S6. So if you want to save up then you better wait up. S6 can be had now.

In the end we will have to wait and see what the chipped 3.0T C6 will make on the dyno. Given the numbers I've seen from the B8 S4 crowd it should come close to the S6 in HP department. However S6 has INSANE amount of TQ of the line that the 3.0T will never have. You just get so much from the stock S6 that you will have to build into the 3.0T. After chip, suspension, wheels, and interior mods the 3.0T in the end will cost as much as a used S6. If you're gonna do all this work to 3.0T I'd just go for the S if gas is not an issue. I'm biased of course, but driving a screaming S6 around town is extremely rewarding.
Let's see... The 3T has 310ft-lb while the S6 has 400ft-lb (stock, 2010). But once you chip the 3T and given the S6 is 350lb heavier, I'd think there'd be little advantage to the S6 if any.

Rory

Quick Reply: Anyone with a chipped 3.0T?