A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Anyone has experience with these DRLs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone has experience with these DRLs?

So I bought a set of DRL lights from eBay. Honestly pretty happy with the quality and so far performance for the price paid but the question is if anyone used them before?
I am planning on fiberglassing lover grills to fit these perfectly. I don't want to take time and make fiberglass mold if these light will stop working in 3 days. Funny thing they go on eBay for 100$ from US resellers. After writing to few sellers and asking them where were this DRL manufactured, all replied Taiwan. Well if you order them directly from Taiwan on eBay, they will only cost $50. Anyways, I know know you et what you pay for but still.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pftWSIbn4iM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for taking the leap for all of us n trying them out.
It's only $50 but I can't see myself buying leds unless I see it on a Veh first.
Hopefully supply demand economics help all LEDs come down in price

These look ok..not great... I don't like how u can see a yellow dot n circled center for each led... bit odd..maybe I'm picky
The light they put out looks very good thou..nice white..
Maybe u could temp rig them on..just a test fit before fiberglassing them to get a taste if u would like them
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I believe the LEDs used are the same as theS6 lights. The difference is the S6 LED face up onto the reflectors instead of facing forward therefore you dont see the yellow at all.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I was planing on tinting the glass anyways allowing DRL to blend in with the grille better. I am more concerned about overall quality and the "life time" of the product. $50 coming from Taiwan leaves me questionable but $300+ on some super quality made (as they claim) DRL is simply too much as I think.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know the set you are talking about/using...
My dislikes about those are the size of the housing...
all though the smd are super bright... but, the set up makes them blur/blend together when turned on... again in my opinion it looks like a regular fog light. I went with another set that is offered on ebay... I have it installed and am very happy with it (4mths now) .. looks very much OEM...Fits nice.
Attached are pictures of what I have... Sorry about the camera phone pic. just ran out and snapped a pic
Attached Images   
Old 01-26-2011, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STEALTH_6
all though the smd are super bright... but, the set up makes them blur/blend together when turned on... again in my opinion it looks like a regular fog light. I went with another set that is offered on ebay... I have it installed and am very happy with it (4mths now) .. looks very much OEM...Fits nice.
Attached are pictures of what I have... Sorry about the camera phone pic. just ran out and snapped a pic
yep i have the same ones. they do look very nice ....
Old 01-26-2011, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by STEALTH_6
The set of LEDs you got were my first choice, I almost bought them, but then seen the video for the ones I have, the video made me change my mind. I personally like the once I have more over the ones seen on your car. Everyone got a different taste and opinion. I do love the eyelids though. Sam still never posted anything about his website being opened so this weekend I am going to fiberglass the LEDs into the grilles and build some eyelids. I will post some pics within few weeks after I install the lights.

Last edited by audia6s; 01-26-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audia6s
The set of LEDs you got were my first choice, I almost bought them, but then seen the video for the ones I have, the video made me change my mind. I personally like the once I have more over the ones seen on your car. Everyone got a different taste and opinion. I do love the eyelids though. Sam still never posted anything about his website being opened so this weekend I am going to fiberglass the LEDs into the grilles and build some eyelids. I will post some pics within few weeks after I install the lights.
Very true..
Please do post... I'm sure they will look good.. once it is all said and done.
cheers!
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default What about these...

Found this set on Ebay for $90...anyone used this brand and does it fit on an Sline C6 Bumper?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...Q5fAccessories
Old 01-26-2011, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHUDS4
Found this set on Ebay for $90...anyone used this brand and does it fit on an Sline C6 Bumper?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...Q5fAccessories
yep , i have them on right now.... the work fine and do look good. but install them on the side DRL not ur fog lights....

Quick Reply: Anyone has experience with these DRLs?