A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Anyone have any experience with the FK mesh sport grille?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with the FK mesh sport grille?

I've been looking to change my grille since i got the car.

I have a black 2008 a6 3.2 with s-line package. Just blacked out the side markers and added some eyelids. I wanna keep with the black theme and get rid of the stock grille. Been debating between a number of grilles. RS6, S6, 09 a6.. not sure. I just came across this FK grille and honestly i dig the diamond look. I kind of want a diamond mesh or honeycomb look. Preferably all black. Also does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to the valance grille next to the fog lights on the s-line? I don't like the grey plastic and want to keep the s-line bumper. Was hoping to find a mesh for that as well.

Anyone have any input? I don't know which direction to go. Anyone have any experience with the FK grille? installation? or has a picture of it on a car. I'd like to see it on a black a6 before i get it

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C6_A6-...Body/ES250890/
Old 07-01-2009, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

install shoudl not be that difficult if FK grille uses stock mounting points. look here on how to install the grill,should be the same process.

there was a fella with a sweet silver avant (lowered, wheels, etc) that has fog lights with honeycomb backing (similar to what you're asking about)... dont remember his screenname, so you'll have to do a search for silver avant...
Old 07-01-2009, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mikemcsly
I've been looking to change my grille since i got the car.

I have a black 2008 a6 3.2 with s-line package. Just blacked out the side markers and added some eyelids. I wanna keep with the black theme and get rid of the stock grille. Been debating between a number of grilles. RS6, S6, 09 a6.. not sure. I just came across this FK grille and honestly i dig the diamond look. I kind of want a diamond mesh or honeycomb look. Preferably all black. Also does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives to the valance grille next to the fog lights on the s-line? I don't like the grey plastic and want to keep the s-line bumper. Was hoping to find a mesh for that as well.

Anyone have any input? I don't know which direction to go. Anyone have any experience with the FK grille? installation? or has a picture of it on a car. I'd like to see it on a black a6 before i get it

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-C6_A6-...Body/ES250890/
Can't say that I'm a fan of the FKs. I put on the Caractere grill (see my sig for a link to pics) which is the closest to the RS4 grille. I didn't change the stock lowers as I prefer that profile to the s-line version. Not much you can do about the grey plastics. I just painted mine black.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

found it -- Audiism/Audiism2 haven't seem him post lately maybe he's on the other forum... here are a few of his pix from his album... you can see his lower grill is unique huge fan of this avant

Old 07-02-2009, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jazznuts699
found it -- Audiism/Audiism2 haven't seem him post lately maybe he's on the other forum... here are a few of his pix from his album... you can see his lower grill is unique huge fan of this avant

Thanks i was trying to find his car. However now that i see how he has it done i'm not sure if i like it with the round fog light. I planned on doing the LED upgrade, might figure it out once i get that. I came across some mesh that someone had used on an rs6 custom grille. Looked pretty sweet. Might have to make it fully custom to get it exactly how i want it. I'm pretty particular. I'm afraid to spend the time and money to do an upgrade only to dislike it after...
Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Audiism has the full Caractere kit on, including the front air dam which is what you see in the pics. I didn't want them as the front scrapes too often, and even Audiism said that they hit on steep driveways.

I don't think you can just get the grille lowers as they're prob a different shape and size.