A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Anyone here installed a custom exhaust/ intake on a A6 C6 3.2L Engine?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here installed a custom exhaust/ intake on a A6 C6 3.2L Engine?

If you have please tell me who you used and how much more horsepower / torque you are getting. I am in the NY area and I love my 2006 3.2L S-Line A6 but I desperately need more torque and hp!

Anyone?
Old 03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

not to sound too conservative, but I bet you will get better performance gains if you spend these money on maintanance.
I would say: replace air/fuel filters and spurk plugs. clean carbon build up, replace AT fluid. it will give you extra 20-30 HP.
you also can spend money on dadicated good quality summer and winter tires.
another way to go faster is to get lighest wheels possible (17" wheels lighter then bigger wheels).
Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well Remus does make an exhaust but I cant tell you if it is dyno prove or not as I own a 4.2. I did run a custom built exhaust on my B4 90 years ago with a Remus universal muffler and tips that I was real pleased with. Cant tell you what my particular gains were because I had more going on than just exhaust but I did like the sound.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:00 AM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

P.E.S Chip will give you a 18-20hp bump. (HP) 255 to 274 (TQ) 236 to 248.

As beep-beep said is highly recommended though. Before looking for performance mods depending on what mileage your at a Carbon clean-up will make the mods much more desirable.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies guys. A few questions I have though:

1) Any word on how the PES performs? I do not know anyone who has this chip and actually used it.

2) I am at 57000K miles and I believe you guys are right, I need to perform a carbon cleanup. What do you guys know about Seafoam and how it is used? I have heard great things about it based on searches on this forum, but found no info on how to use it

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I am trying!

Originally Posted by gkb

As beep-beep said is highly recommended though. Before looking for performance mods depending on what mileage your at a Carbon clean-up will make the mods much more desirable.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:48 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

never tried it either I was planning on picking it up in the summer right after I do my carbon clean up & exhaust.
P.E.S is legit though especially when it comes to their numbers.

From what I know seafoam or any other additives will not do anything for our motors, they need to be manually cleaned, because of the FSI technology, which prevents the fuel from ever reaching the back of our intake valves.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Carbon cleanup

Originally Posted by 2006SLineA6
Thanks for all the replies guys. A few questions I have though:

1) Any word on how the PES performs? I do not know anyone who has this chip and actually used it.

2) I am at 57000K miles and I believe you guys are right, I need to perform a carbon cleanup. What do you guys know about Seafoam and how it is used? I have heard great things about it based on searches on this forum, but found no info on how to use it

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but I am trying!
Hey guys I'm at 60k miles and would also be interested in doing the carbon cleanup but am not familiar with the procedure or whats involved; any info on this is appreciated.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gkb

Another dumb one, where can you get this P.E.S. chip? Who makes it? Installation?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-16-2011, 12:50 PM
gkb
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Robert Schirmer
Another dumb one, where can you get this P.E.S. chip? Who makes it? Installation?

Thanks,
Bob
Here's the website.
http://www.pes-tuning.com/
Go to Audi, Then A6, then select 05-08 3.2.

P.E.S makes it, they are a very reputable Audi tuning company like APR & MTM. I think they might have also been the first to build the supercharger for the 4.2 motors. Just go take a look at the website, also check out there work on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/PEStuning they have videos from tuning an A4 all the way up to the R8.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I see your in CT - Do you know of anywhere in CT or in NY that is a reputable installer of this PES chip?

Do you know anyone who actually installed it?

Originally Posted by gkb
Here's the website.
http://www.pes-tuning.com/
Go to Audi, Then A6, then select 05-08 3.2.

P.E.S makes it, they are a very reputable Audi tuning company like APR & MTM. I think they might have also been the first to build the supercharger for the 4.2 motors. Just go take a look at the website, also check out there work on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/PEStuning they have videos from tuning an A4 all the way up to the R8.

Quick Reply: Anyone here installed a custom exhaust/ intake on a A6 C6 3.2L Engine?