A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Apple TV, Tech Mods and more in Audi A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
4F0051510N
FYI - ordered 4F0051510N from AudiUSAparts.com and it superseded to 4F0051510AA.
This is for 3G Nav+ only as far as I can tell, but wanted to get the new # in here for posterity/others who may read this.

Will try it on the C6 next week to see what it's AMI thinks about it.

Last edited by jakematic; 04-26-2013 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Can't type for sh!t today
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking into this all weekend. I can get a video in with one of the xcarlink units, gonna order it soon.
The plan is to have XBMC running on the screen. I've been trying to get this skin running on my raspberry pi, it is basically made for audi

check it out here

I can't get it working in the lastest version of xbmc but it will work in the dharma version.

the other issue i'm having is i can't find a good rf controller, has anyone any suggestions. I want it to integrate neatly
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bazery
I've been looking into this all weekend. I can get a video in with one of the xcarlink units, gonna order it soon.
The plan is to have XBMC running on the screen. I've been trying to get this skin running on my raspberry pi, it is basically made for audi

check it out here

I can't get it working in the lastest version of xbmc but it will work in the dharma version.

the other issue i'm having is i can't find a good rf controller, has anyone any suggestions. I want it to integrate neatly
I would be at a loss for a good rf controller to integrate into the mmi off of the top of my head - but I'm intrigued with the thought - let us know what you end up doing!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 204 Likes on 174 Posts

bazery, I'm interested in your build w/XBMC. Do you have a 2G or 3G model?

I'd be looking at doing something similar to stream and XBMC is fantastic, espectially since it can stream from my server and the relative footprint would be so small, hence very little space required + little power.

As for control, have you considered a BT/RF control unit? I've used some of them for my htpc, but then I ended up going with a harmony 890 due to it being IR and moved all my componentry out of sight, for a clean look.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by raj99
bazery, I'm interested in your build w/XBMC. Do you have a 2G or 3G model?

I'd be looking at doing something similar to stream and XBMC is fantastic, espectially since it can stream from my server and the relative footprint would be so small, hence very little space required + little power.

As for control, have you considered a BT/RF control unit? I've used some of them for my htpc, but then I ended up going with a harmony 890 due to it being IR and moved all my componentry out of sight, for a clean look.
unfortunately i have the 2g so the experience won't be as fluid as the 3g models(from what i've researched)
video is like using a separate channel on the screen and audio is fed in with a separate aux in.

I definitly want a bt or rf controller, but something simple like a dpad with enter and back buttons, can't seem to find any that would suit.
i did find a nice touchpad
here here
It's nice but i think a dpad would be quicker

i've been looking at another skin that would be just as good, its a replica of atv2 here

I'm also trying to order mine from alibaba directly to save some money.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm ordering from china, 220 dollars shipped for the two units, video and audio, can't wait. I want to try and get a nice movie, music and tv unit running on xbmc. excited about being able to plug anything into this.
can anyone tell me how to get the video channel to change using the mode button on the steering wheel. I read somewhere that you can tap into something to make it more functional?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 204 Likes on 174 Posts

Can you share a link of exactly what you ordered from Alibaba?

Originally Posted by bazery
I'm ordering from china, 220 dollars shipped for the two units, video and audio, can't wait. I want to try and get a nice movie, music and tv unit running on xbmc. excited about being able to plug anything into this.
can anyone tell me how to get the video channel to change using the mode button on the steering wheel. I read somewhere that you can tap into something to make it more functional?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://eglober.en.alibaba.com/productlist.html

it was from these guys they have a website too, but couldn't find it again. it was 170 for the two parts for the mmi 2g, way cheaper than xcarlink
Old 05-04-2013, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jakematic
FYI - ordered 4F0051510N from AudiUSAparts.com and it superseded to 4F0051510AA.
This is for 3G Nav+ only as far as I can tell, but wanted to get the new # in here for posterity/others who may read this.

Will try it on the C6 next week to see what it's AMI thinks about it.
Confirmed it does not work on C6 - MMI said nothing was plugged in

Edit: I used this inverter due to size. Awesome little unit.
Amazon.com: BESTEK 150w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger Dual USB 3.1A MRI1511FU: Car Electronics Amazon.com: BESTEK 150w power inverter car dc 12v to 110v ac inverter dc adapter laptop charger notebook adapter dc charger ac adapter usb charger Dual USB 3.1A MRI1511FU: Car Electronics

Name:  Bestek_zpsf06fad90.png
Views: 889
Size:  58.3 KB

Last edited by jakematic; 05-04-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got my kit today, all was going well until I got to removing the dash surround.
How in gods name do you get the centre vent out of the dash, I used four sticks to release the pins, I broke a vane in the process.
I had to buy a new centre vent piece..
But I still have no idea how to get it out? its stuck solid any tips?

I tried following this guide

also can I remove my cd changer, I don't need it or use it any more. I read somewhere I can get a most loop to bypass it.

Oh my car is a 2005 mmi 2g, so removing the dash is a must unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Apple TV, Tech Mods and more in Audi A6