A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

April and/or Alex...Invoice Help, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April and/or Alex...Invoice Help, Please!

I'm now inside the time window where financing companies are willing to guarantee me a rate, and I'd like to have some better info as I compare leasing, buying, financing some or all, and Audi's hybrid lease/finance arrangement.

As I posted earlier, my deal is $1K over invoice. Edmunds and Cars.com give an invoice price of approx. $48.5 for my car (3.2 w/leather sport seats, premium, cold weather, convenience, DVD, sirius, 17"/All seasons, rear air bags, tire pressure, key, and voice). But I expect there to be fees that Edmunds doesn't capture--can either of you provide any additional numbers that I need to consider? I'm thinking in the ballpark of $52K all-in. Incidentally, the dealer is willing to eat it if the price increase adversely affects my order.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:44 AM

Default It all depends on the State that you live in, however I can

tell you that Edmunds does not put $335 advertising fee that dealers have to pay.
So take whatever the Invoice Edmunds shows and add $335.
You will most likely have the Sales Tax on top of that and maybe other fees.
As I said all States are different.
Here in Texas, we only add the Sales Tax (6.25%) and 180.50 for License and Registration.
That is it.
$1k over invoice?
Damn....
Keep in mind that the A6s coming in after February 15 will have a $1k price increase.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: It all depends on the State that you live in, however I can

Thanks. I would imagine that sales tax and license/registration are added on top of my $1K over invoice rather than part of the invoice number.

That $1K is an MSRP increase, correct? How much is invoice expected to increase (if anything)? As I noted, the dealer is willing to eat the increase, so they must be pretty confident that (1) my car will get here before the increase or (2) Audi will price protect an order placed in early December.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:41 AM

Default It will most likely be $1k as well, and there is NO PRICE PROTECTION!!

That was a point that Audi of America has insisted on.
Your car might get here right before the increase, but it looks like it might be here sometimes in March if you ordered it in December.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hmm....

Then it looks like the dealer may be on the way to taking a bath. I guess they were interested in making me happy and taking their chances with AoA.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:50 AM

Default Your car may well be here before that.

It is always hard to say when a car will exactly get here once it leaves Germany.
i guess just ask them if the price they gave you included the $1k price increase.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Your car may well be here before that.

I have asked, and it does NOT include the $1K price increase. I asked the very pointed question "what happens if my order is affected by the price increase?" The answer I got was that the dealer would sell me the car at the pre-increase price and then get the difference credit to them by AoA.

It's all the same to them--they only make $1K no matter what the final invoice is, they've already got the $1K in the form of my deposit, and they may as well try to make/keep me happy.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:05 AM

Default Re: It all depends on the State that you live in, however I can

There is no price protection on C6 A6's. I have a friend in Cincy from whom I ordered my car, he's the sales manager and he told me Audi won't allow price protecting. Also, the $1000 increase adds $927 to dealer invoice.

Craig
Old 01-13-2005, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Should be included in the Dealer Pack...

Ad Fee, PDI, Detail cost.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PDI and detailing are a dealer incurred cost that is usually included in the pack.

The less money they make on the deal, the more likely they will pass those costs along to the customer. However, the ad fee is part of the invoice, and a cost that AoA passes along to virtually every customer as seperate line item on the invoice. It isn't included in independent website reporting as the fee is waived in rural areas.