A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

April, I need some guidance about a service problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April, I need some guidance about a service problem

The car hit an obstacle in the road and the tire was punctured.

The spare was mounted, then took the car to the dealer to mount a replacement tire.

The other day, I discovered that they never put the spare tire and wheel back in the car. Unfortunately, this service was done about 6 months ago.

As a bit of history, I have always used them to service this car and the C5 before that. Additionally, I have always been "extremely satisfied" with the service department performance and have recommended them to others looking for competent service.

Now, the dealer is trying to worm out of replacing the wheel and tire saying that I waited too long.

My question is: If you trust a dealer and have always taken your car to them for service, who would expect that something like that would be 'missing'? I have never inspected the vehicle after service to see if they did the break job correctly, or actually replaced the oil with the correct weight, etc. So why should a reasonable individual open their trunk to determine if the wheel and tire was put back where it belongs? This sounds like a quality control issue.

I have only so far spoken to my service advisor, but I am about to go to the service manager.

My opinion is that the person that did the work should have to buy the wheel and tire, short of that the service manager/department should replace the wheel/tire as a "good will gesture". Frankly, I'd be willing to accept a "good" used wheel with a new tire.

Your opinions are welcome.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They owe you a wheel and tire IMHO. People don't usually check their spare as you

point out. Since you had been happy with the pror service, why would you feel compelled to check on something so basic as putting a spare back after repair? Wouldn't the tech who did the job notice an extra wheel and tire around, and raise an alert? That isn't a perishable item, so either it is still around, or somebody else "pocketed" it for their own gain.

What would have happened if you were out in the boonies and got a flat?

I would escalate at this point.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reminds me of a dealer that i had....

they tried, but.......

they owe you a new wheel & tire. did they leave it out, or was it theft?

someone in that shop would have to recognize a spare just sitting on the floor or against a bench.

take this to the highest level. file a complaint with the local district justice office and pull them in.