A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audi A6 (C6) - OEM Navigation Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi A6 (C6) - OEM Navigation Retrofit

I am a new owner of a 2005 Audi A6 (C6) with MMI High but no navigation. I plan to install an OEM navigation system on the car. My car has a sharkfin antenna and Sirius XM. The system I plan to purchase is by carsystems.pl (http://goo.gl/TYs2Z)

I would appreciate it if other members that have experience with this install share their experiences - preferably with pictures and specific steps they followed for a successful install.

I will update this thread with progress on my car when I start the install.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Cos
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adube
I am a new owner of a 2005 Audi A6 (C6) with MMI High but no navigation. I plan to install an OEM navigation system on the car. My car has a sharkfin antenna and Sirius XM. The system I plan to purchase is by carsystems.pl (http://goo.gl/TYs2Z)

I would appreciate it if other members that have experience with this install share their experiences - preferably with pictures and specific steps they followed for a successful install.

I will update this thread with progress on my car when I start the install.

Hi Adube,

Have you got this working by any chance?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I did this one - my kit came with instructions. Few steps - connect DVD to power source - fusebox on the back left. Connect wiring into the optical system; and connect the wire into the shark fin for reception (C-pillar).
Old 04-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Cos
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
I did this one - my kit came with instructions. Few steps - connect DVD to power source - fusebox on the back left. Connect wiring into the optical system; and connect the wire into the shark fin for reception (C-pillar).
Hi, great to hear. Are you happy with it? I checked your seller and he still has the item for sale at around EUR 400. That is actually lower than I expected as I mostly heard numbers around $1500. There are some systems on ebay around that figure (I think they're for A3 and other models, not A6 though).

How hard is it to install? Does it get installed in the trunk? I already have a 6-CD changer and the Audi Media Interface (the obne with the 2 SD cards and a single CD player) in the glove box. How do I know if this system would fit my car? I don't know whether I have MMI 2G or the 3G. How could I tell?

Thanks,
Cos
Old 05-29-2013, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2008 nav retrofit

Can I ask where you found your kit? I have a 2008 A6 with mmi but no nav and am interested in what it would take to purchase and install. Is it all connected via the rack in the trunk or is there work up front also?
Thanks,
Eric

Originally Posted by Cos
Hi, great to hear. Are you happy with it? I checked your seller and he still has the item for sale at around EUR 400. That is actually lower than I expected as I mostly heard numbers around $1500. There are some systems on ebay around that figure (I think they're for A3 and other models, not A6 though).

How hard is it to install? Does it get installed in the trunk? I already have a 6-CD changer and the Audi Media Interface (the obne with the 2 SD cards and a single CD player) in the glove box. How do I know if this system would fit my car? I don't know whether I have MMI 2G or the 3G. How could I tell?

Thanks,
Cos
Old 05-30-2013, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by eehutchi
Can I ask where you found your kit? I have a 2008 A6 with mmi but no nav and am interested in what it would take to purchase and install. Is it all connected via the rack in the trunk or is there work up front also?
Thanks,
Eric
I got the kit off of ebay. No work was required in the front. Once the optical wiring is reconfigured (nav input added), the screen displays the Nav. I prefer this to having a tomtom sticking on the windshild (I saw a bentley once with a tomtom thingie on the windshield and thought it looked ridiculous). Nav is actually better than most of the other nav systems - the 'now' make the turn is super useful.
Old 01-01-2023, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi - greetings. i think it would be better and helpful if you share the exact steps and picture if you. no one has given the instruction and can you pelase help. I have the hardware but not the cable. planning to buy from kufatec. please help.
Old 11-12-2023, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi do you have the actual steps that you followed?