A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Audio only on left hand side

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thesheep
Oh OK, found it. I need someone with the original ODIS system. Just need to find someone with that in South East England or alternatively near to Bristol.
I like when people explain computer hacks with a heavy Russian accent.
There is a bit more hacky way to address this. Basically, the electronic component you replaced has a little memory chip. It has 8 legs on it. You can get the old component, solder out the chip, and solder it to the replacement component. Since the replacement component will have the original chip it will think that it is programmed to the same car..
I personally like more using computers than re-solder 8 legged chips, but I do not know what is your way of thinking.
As for the scanner - there are some sold on ebay. Check those out.
Old 09-21-2021, 11:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beep-beep
I like when people explain computer hacks with a heavy Russian accent.
There is a bit more hacky way to address this. Basically, the electronic component you replaced has a little memory chip. It has 8 legs on it. You can get the old component, solder out the chip, and solder it to the replacement component. Since the replacement component will have the original chip it will think that it is programmed to the same car..
I personally like more using computers than re-solder 8 legged chips, but I do not know what is your way of thinking.
As for the scanner - there are some sold on ebay. Check those out.
Hey that's interesting. Do you have a link to more info on how to modify the chip on the component?
Old 09-22-2021, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by thesheep
Hey that's interesting. Do you have a link to more info on how to modify the chip on the component?
Here is the general idea of how to replace the EPRM chip:

What you want to do is to take a chip from the old component and solder it into the new component. The memory chip has all custom information. In particular, it has information about tying the component to the specific car (a.k.a. "component protection").
I have to point out that if you do not have much experience with handling electronic chips, you might solder it the wrong way or overheat the chip or something in between.
So do it at your own risk.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beep-beep
Here is the general idea of how to replace the EPRM chip
Thanks!