A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Background Lighting setting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Background Lighting setting?

Has anyone else noticed or been annoyed that settings of the background lighting go away as soon as you turn off the car? Or has anyone figured out a way to make them be tied to headlight usage? I love the way the ambient lighting looks but it is really irritating to have to turn it on every time it's dark out.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Background Lighting setting?

Hey,

I don't have that issue. I set mine up initially and I've never had to do it again. You are refering to the lights in the footwells and in the doors?

Craig
Old 05-05-2005, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yea, the white lights in the car

Did you do anything to "save" it? It's always back to zero whenever I get out of the car.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Default Yoshi, are you using different keys?

Memory settings are programmed individually into each of your 2 FOB keys. I believe the other key (black plastic one) will reset everything back to factory defaults. Anyone else know?

Sometimes even though I'm using the same key, I find the radio sound settings have changed.

Audi's do have ghosts.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Same Key

Same key and I never put the key in the ignition it's always in my pocket (I sooo love the advanced key).

I have NEVER had the light settings stick. How do yours work? Are they always on or do they just come on when the automagic headlights switch from Daytime Lights to regular Headlights?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Default Re: Same Key

I set it once and it stays in the same position. I don't use auto mode, I turn my headlights on manualy and then the trim lights go on.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, I wonder if that is the issue. Out of curiosity why don't you use the automatic headlights?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I use Auto for the headlights and the ambient lighting comes on when it gets darker. Only had to set it once and it comes on every time.

However, I have noticed that my sound settings for CD will sometimes go back to default and my passenger side wing mirror doesn't always go back to the original position Since Audi can never repeat it they told me that they can't fix the problem !
Old 05-05-2005, 09:49 AM

I didn't get the Advance Key and I also don't use my auto lights. I prefer turning them on myself. My background lighting comes on when the headlights are turned on. Sometimes they are hard to see if you're in a well lit place. I don't save them, just set them and back out of the menu where the settings are.

Craig
Old 05-05-2005, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hmm, that's exactly what I do

My mirror works most of the time but to be honest I don't really need it to lower that frequently as it is so I'll probaby just turn off that feature and leave it set on the heat setting.

The ambient light thing is super easy to reproduce as it happens every time so maybe I'll have them look at it.

I think my cd player settings stick for the most part too.

Quick Reply: Background Lighting setting?