A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Background Lighting setting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Background Light Setting Stick

Radio sound settings are a little odd. I turned surround on for the CD and Satellite the other day, and left radio on normal (no surround option). When I went back to CD, it had reverted to normal, though it had retained the surround level I selected.

I've only used the dipping mirror once, so I can't comment on that. My craziest problem is that I'll occasionally get an odd beep (identical to the one the car gives to acknowledge storing a seat memory position) after I give a voice command.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Settings... STAY!

I've read somewhere that the settings don't stay unless you back out of the menu all the way, otherwise it reverts to the previous setting... some kind of "save" function by doing so.

Not sure as I haven't tried it myself.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Settings... STAY!

I think I do that... you mean backing out all the way to the root (so the car menu in the case of the background lighting)?

I'm pretty sure I do this unless there is a better way to back out than the "return" button.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:15 PM

Default My background lighting settings also seem to disappear mysteriously...

...but it isn't constant. Haven't nailed down the parameters of when it disappears though.

It only turns on when the main headlights are on.

It seems that if it didn't get saved for whatever reason it wouldn't take effect at all. If you go back into the menu after setting it, it has the right setting.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I lose mine when I turn off the car...

They seem to stay until I turn off the car and leave the vehicle. I haven't gotten real scientific about it yet.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Settings... STAY!

Yes. Back all the way out by return.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have the same problem.

However it's only when I use my own key. Somehow I have succeeded to code the car som my wife's key keeps the settings. Whenever I use her key, whether it's with the key in the ignition or with the advanced key, the background lighting works.

I don't know what the deal is, but it doesn't seem logical!

Another REALLY anoying thing is the favorite stations menu. I have tried deleting them, but they all just stay in the list. Someone mentioned it would keep the ones that can still be picked up by the radio when you delete them. That's not true either. I live in Sweden, and now I'm on vacation in Denmark, so I thought I would delete them, but No way Jose!! (
Old 05-08-2005, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default OK, I've tried a ton of different things and still no dice.

I tried setting the lights, then using return to back all the way out. Clicking the Advaned key memory off and then on again to try to re-train my key. Even tried hitting the set and "1" button for driver seat memory to see if that would make the car "remember" still no luck.

I think tomorrow I'll try switching keys like kitora mentions, I really don't care which key remembers just so one of them does!

if that doesn't work, I'm hitting the dealer.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Try Ctrl-Alt-Delete....see if that helps
Old 05-13-2005, 03:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Did, didn't work.

Quick Reply: Background Lighting setting?