A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Bad experience with Audi, now they are offering a new car if I pay 3500 less than invoice..should I?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Give this guy a break people!

Thatks for reply A8wntr. I thought that AOA would be interested to hear that a dealership selling their product has a service foreman telling me that a Harley Davidson like rumble and skip from my car (2005 A6) is normal for having 38k on it and its age. Crazy. I've had every suggested maintenance done and fed it only premium gas and nobody drives it but me so when I noticed it running different, well, of course I knew something was up.

For all those who diss'd me for being OCD about noises from the car, these noises in every case so far have been from things like missing bolts, parts rolling around freely, plastic left in ductwork at the factory, loose or defective latches etc. Not typical creeks and noises heard in all vehicles. The dealership has been just sloppy in the repair which led to this point where I can't take the BS anymore. Sunroof repaired 4 times and I'm the nutcase...nut? 3 or 4 trips to get the keyless entry working...each time being sent away telling me there is nothing wrong...keep waving your Audi flag...
Old 03-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

AHA! Learn something new everyday...now that you mention it, it does seem to happen mostly in winter
Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually,.....

from 2006 to present, Audi's rating in Consumer Reports (or CR for short) is now better or much better (maybe efen significantly better) than all Americans, all Koreans and all other Europeans and almost as good as the best Japanese.

You are clearly still living in 2000 to 2005, AutoUnionQ7. Come into 2006 to present and you will see precisely what I am talking about.

By the way, JD Power & Associates (or JD P&A for short) and Strategic Vision (or SV for short) are trash unless they agree with CR, where JD P&A and SV are as just excellent as CR. So unless JD P&A and SV agree with CR, my advice to everybody is ignore the trash at JD P&A and SV, comprende (did I spell that right?)?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try a different dealer...
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default why did you keep going back to the same dealer?

I totally understand where you are coming from, but I would have gone to another dealer after they left a wrench inside the sunroof.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:40 PM

Went to a new dealer. They said engine was fine (computer). Took the car to a private MECHANIC and paid $200 for him to look at car. Within no time he called me and said my problem was two bad engine mounts. He couldn't understand why Audi missed that 4 times when trying to solve my engine shaking/vibration.

Champion Audi took the car back and replace all the motor mounts but told me they didn't think that would solve anything and told me a fault came up when test driving the car so they replaced the fuel pump (already done once several weeks earlier at Prestige and it did nothing for the vibration!)

Took car home. It does not vibrate. Now tell me what is the deal. Did they just not want to try to get the mounts covered by AOA? This whole thing was crazy and it took a private mechanic moments to diagnose the problem!!! I had even asked the service adviser "could it be something simple like motor mounts?"

The car drove well for a few days but the engine quit in traffic. Car was toed to Champion. They say it was unrelated to anything they did with fuel pump but the sending unit went bad. Fixed and on the road again...oh by the way, the defective bracket holding the glovebox that was originally "fixed" by about 3 yards of felt padding was "fixed" by this 2nd Audi dealership but the glovebox door was re-installed flush with dash on one side and 1/2" inset from dash on other side...at least it doesn't rattle anymore.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by drjeffc
Johan de Nysschen
Executive Vice President
Audi of America

Dear Mr. De Nysschen, March 8, 2008

Yes, I would get rid of the car and never go back to that dealer.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, I would never, ever go back to that dealer again and I would send a letter to AoA detailing their incompetence as they are giving Audi a bad name. If you would not have said what car you had, I would have swore you had a Jeep or Dodge rather then an Audi.

No matter what car you buy, it always sucks to have it at the dealer more then you drive it. There is something majorly wrong when you are on a first name basis with everyone in the service department hehe :-).

Heck, I have driven Audi's with 120k+ miles on it and had no where near the "problems" you have talked about. This, along with the fact that I now live in a town with an Audi dealer :-), is one of the reasons I want a newer A6.

--

Anthony
Old 05-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by anthonyi
I now live in a town with an Audi dealer :-), is one of the reasons I want a newer A6.
Anthony
I live in a town (Boston area) with five dealers within 45 miles each way and only one is good, the rest, their service departments stink!! Unfortunately, I've experienced their terrible customer service and incompetence first hand several years ago.

A good service department is priceless and unfortunately they are the exception rather than the rule. If Audi woke up and fixed their dealer problems they'd win over more customers.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AV8TORSADF
I live in a town (Boston area) with five dealers within 45 miles each way and only one is good, the rest, their service departments stink!! Unfortunately, I've experienced their terrible customer service and incompetence first hand several years ago.

A good service department is priceless and unfortunately they are the exception rather than the rule. If Audi woke up and fixed their dealer problems they'd win over more customers.
AV8TORSADF, do you mind if I ask you which dealer you think its good. I am in the Boston area as well. I have tried both Prime and Bernardi Audi and they both seem pretty good.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Audi, now they are offering a new car if I pay 3500 less than invoice..should I?