A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Battery Drain Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezveedub
With the MMI, its not a coding issue, but an adaptation channel setting. Most of that is done with the factory software on a VAS tester, and unless someone has the channels and values for that channel according to you vehicle specs, it will be hard to get that corrected with VAG-COM. As for the draw, you will also have to determine which system or circuit is drawing current, which means you need an amp probe connected the battery circuit while unplugging fuses or connector for components.

I have triple checked all the coding and all looks correct per what I have installed in my vehicle. I guess what your suggesting is going into the dealer and having them check the adaption channels?

I thought VAG-COM was good to set all these adaption/channels but is limited to what it can do.

I have found this link but cant seem to understand the "*" settings. Has anyone used this site?

http://www.audi-portal.com/en/diagno...u_12298.html#1

Revangel - I responded to your post in my original door handle posting.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thedenz0
I have triple checked all the coding and all looks correct per what I have installed in my vehicle. I guess what your suggesting is going into the dealer and having them check the adaption channels?

I thought VAG-COM was good to set all these adaption/channels but is limited to what it can do.

I have found this link but cant seem to understand the "*" settings. Has anyone used this site?

Revangel - I responded to your post in my original door handle posting.
You can use VAGCOM, but you have to know the adaption channel values of the 07 module, as they are very large values. The dealer uses the software loaded in their units with have a guided program which determines the values based off the installed systems checked off in the program as being installed or not. I checked the site you listed and you need this page on the site to run the correct adaption values. Hopefully you can understand it. The you have to check the software part number of your 07 module, as the (*x) comments at the top of the list show which module support the adaption of function setting and which do not. The link I listed is for a USA based vehicle.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I just found something that correlates with what your problem. My Sirius satellite module just failed yesterday morning. It went from working more/less fine to indicating something like "Satellite radio is not installed, see Audi dealer for assistance". I opened up the left side trunk panel and located the Sirius module. It was hot to the touch; MUCH hotter than I think it should be. I re-checked it later in the day after the car had been off for 3 hours, and the module was still hot. I checked it again last night (when the heat of the day would have no effect on it) and it was still hot with the car off. So, not only is it not communicating with the car but it is also drawing a bunch of power with the car off. I got a resulting "quiescent current stage 2" fault code from the draw.

You might check out your Sirius module and see how warm it is. I'll replace mine today ($587!) and follow up on how warm it runs..
Old 08-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Quattro4me2006
I think I just found something that correlates with what your problem. My Sirius satellite module just failed yesterday morning. It went from working more/less fine to indicating something like "Satellite radio is not installed, see Audi dealer for assistance". I opened up the left side trunk panel and located the Sirius module. It was hot to the touch; MUCH hotter than I think it should be. I re-checked it later in the day after the car had been off for 3 hours, and the module was still hot. I checked it again last night (when the heat of the day would have no effect on it) and it was still hot with the car off. So, not only is it not communicating with the car but it is also drawing a bunch of power with the car off. I got a resulting "quiescent current stage 2" fault code from the draw.

You might check out your Sirius module and see how warm it is. I'll replace mine today ($587!) and follow up on how warm it runs..
Just an update: I took the cover off the Sirius module, expecting to find obvious damage which would prove out that the module was toast. I saw nothing obvious, and there was no telltale "fried electronics" smell. It is possible that it just runs hot normally, but it doesn't explain why it didn't shut off and cool down after such a long time. I've been concerned that this module was bad for a while now (frequent 'linking' issues as well as it won't update the channel directory as channels change) and this failure seemed semi-logical as a result.

Can anybody tell me whether this module is turned on/off by something else, or if the module takes care of that duty?