A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Battery replacement and computer reset

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery replacement and computer reset

Hello. I have an 2007 Audi a6Cuatro 2.2 L in and I am in need of a battery but him being told that the computer must be reset. If I do not reset the computer and just replace the battery what are the consequences or if any? Thank you
Old 07-13-2017, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't need to do anything special when replacing the battery in my 05. I had a couple warning lights that came on but went away after I drove it for a few minutes.
The following users liked this post:
PHJ (01-02-2021)
Old 07-13-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Geo, welcome aboard! I suspect they are trying to warn you about the *BEM module and re-programming when a new battery is fitted.

If the new battery is purchased from the Audi dealer, it will have a code on it that needs to be programmed into the system to have everything work as expected.

You can install a new battery without re-programming. The car will ultimately figure out a new battery has been installed.

"*BEM = Battery Energy Management. In view of the increasing use of electrical power in modern vehicles, the battery constitutes a vital component. Therefore, in order to guarantee its long service life in spite of higher loads, vehicles such as the Audi A6 employ intelligent energy management."
Old 08-06-2022, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Audi Quattro V8 1999 Battery Reset?

I hope this is true, that the battery doesn't need to be reset, for my AWD Quattro A8 1999 as well?

I just had AAA come and he said the computer could not connect so I assume it doesn't need the reset.
My radio did blow out, not sure if it's one of two fuses, would that have anything to do with it not connecting?

Everything is working perfectly like new, save for the radio.

99,000+ miles on it!

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Geo, welcome aboard! I suspect they are trying to warn you about the *BEM module and re-programming when a new battery is fitted.

If the new battery is purchased from the Audi dealer, it will have a code on it that needs to be programmed into the system to have everything work as expected.

You can install a new battery without re-programming. The car will ultimately figure out a new battery has been installed.

"*BEM = Battery Energy Management. In view of the increasing use of electrical power in modern vehicles, the battery constitutes a vital component. Therefore, in order to guarantee its long service life in spite of higher loads, vehicles such as the Audi A6 employ intelligent energy management."
Old 09-11-2023, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know I am bringing up an old thread, but it looks like the original battery in my 2013 Q7 is starting to start the car slower especially if I have had doors hatchback open for a while. Audi dealer quoted me 600.00 to change with programming and 220+tax just to program!!! I know I can R&R the battery myself, the question is do I really need to have it programmed as I have read yes and no... Also can anyone give me information on what battery they replaced the factory oem with as they range in price too. Thanks in advance for any and all help..Kevin