A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Bluetooth Voice Tag Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Voice Tag Question

I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple numbers associated with a single voice tag. When I input a voice tag it asked for the number then gave me the option of adding another number. I was able to have two numbers for a voice tag but have no idea how to select one over the other. When I tired calling the voice tag it dialed the second number I input.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts
Default This is not a bluetooth question per se. . .

. . .more like an MMI question or a voice command question or the marriage of the two.

Phone numbers can be entered and "tagged" as you know.

You then tell the system to "dail number" or "CALL" a previously identified and tagged entry "Call Home". . .

When you make a call it is possible to differentiate between "at office" and "at home" as I recall.

Further, I believe it is possible to differentiate between a "land line" and a cellular number.

This is explained in the manual -- perhaps not as clearly as you would hope, but it is there.

I just entered the numbers and they ALL are entered as "at office" and "landline" even though, obviously some of them are not at office nor landline or some combination other than that.

It seems kinda weird that the system says, "call ing "HOME" at office, landline. . ."

But, for "power users" there are obviously other options -- I just wish it had a bigger memory for phone tags, navigation tags and radio stations -- especially when you have AM, FM and Sirius.

The Audi system is good -- but it is good some several years ago (compared to some of the Japanese capabilities.)

At least with the Nav System, you can say "Last Destinations" and choose from a pretty deep list of places you have been. Helpful if you are on the road and in cities you are unfamiliar with (for me it is Pittsburgh) but visit with some frequency.

In a polite way, I am suggesting, "look it up" or as we often say, RTFM. :-)!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default What I failed to mention is I don't have an A6 or the factory manual to look it up.

I have the RNS-E and BT installed in a 2000 S4. Without the manual it is a little hard to figure out how to do multiple numbers for a single voice tag. I wish it was possible to recode the BT module to use your phone's voice dail system.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:56 PM

If you don't have an A6 and your question is for the S4 why have you posted on the A6 forum?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default If the B5 S4 doesn't have Bluetooth why would I post my question on that forum?

The question is a Bluetooth one not a vehicle specific one. Since the A6 was one of the first in the US to have Bluetooth I thought more people would know how the voice dialing works.

If you don't know the answer then ignore the post. I understand people not responding if they don't know the answer. It is entirely another thing to tell me to post somewhere else because I don't own an A6.

This is Audiworld isn't it?
Old 06-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Default You have the telematics forum on Audiworld... it seems you could get better answers there

https://forums.audiworld.com/telematics/