A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Bottom of door trim warping / "door blades"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottom of door trim warping / "door blades"?

Anyone else noticed the bottom trim warping on their 2005+ A6? I think they're called door blades. Anyways... my drivers side door blade has developed recently some warpage... I am 100% sure this was not there before.

I know this happened on the VW Phaeton... is this the same problem?

What to do!?? Car still under warranty, and btw, it looks like crap.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Bottom of door trim warping / "door blades"?

Mine aren't warping (yet), but when I wash the car I notice that there is alot of crap that gets caught there. I direct the hose at the tip of the blade, and dirty water pours out all around. Seems like a poor design.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
nab
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: This is the first i have heard of this on the C-6. its a given on all prior audis dating back

to the early 80's to have door trim problems. They never seem to get this issiue fixed! I have seen this on all the models over time with warping, peeling, rusting from the back, bubbling, flexing until it becomes loose etc... Why they dont bring the sheet metal down to the bottom of the door ? now on the 09 they have attatched a chrome strip to the bottom. see my post on the 09 on jan 15th. i did not check on the 09 weather or not the bottom of the door is now metal to the bottom? I know the new a-4 is now full metal to the bottom of the door!! Post it if you know on the c-6. this would be the only good news with the 09 changes.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BVegas
Anyone else noticed the bottom trim warping on their 2005+ A6? I think they're called door blades. Anyways... my drivers side door blade has developed recently some warpage... I am 100% sure this was not there before.

I know this happened on the VW Phaeton... is this the same problem?

What to do!?? Car still under warranty, and btw, it looks like crap.
reviving and old thread..

obviously OOW but would like to DIY this

my passenger front door blade trim is bad * see my photo album and now my drivers side has begun to deform

after an extensive search im only finding S6 Part Numbers..

anyone have part # of Stock OEM

anyone have some silver ones kicking around?? < dreaming i know
Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No part number but I think this is what you are looking for http://www.audiusaparts.com/partloca...layCatalogid=0 and about $100 a door.

Wouldn't surprise me if it needs to be painted though.

I think the S-Line are slightly different than standard A6.
Jake or Loree can help you find the correct one based on VIN.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have a set of blk. Make me an offer. Whole set only.
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jakematic
No part number but I think this is what you are looking for http://www.audiusaparts.com/partloca...layCatalogid=0 and about $100 a door.

Wouldn't surprise me if it needs to be painted though.

I think the S-Line are slightly different than standard A6.
Jake or Loree can help you find the correct one based on VIN.
your right they come un painted...anyway thank u.. those are what i need... the exterior door lower moldings. i am still going to seek the PN so i can search for best price either new online or used pre painted in sliver

there are 4 kinds
1- base and s line
2- S6 bumped out
3- All Road *euro ...metallic and bulkier then S6
4- face lift w silver trim

pepperhead, thanks for this and prior post... i will keep u in mind...im just trying to see if i can get some silver ones 1st
Old 12-05-2011, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Door Blades

I have one unpainted (front passenger side) from an 08' which is the S-line exterior. Only thing is that its missing the plastic attachment bracket (this was the part I needed but Audi does not sell it separately -- you can carefully remove it and use it on another one (which is what I did to avoid painting the new one).

PM me if you're interested in buying it. I'm pretty flexible as I've been sitting on it for 6 months (just could not bear the thought of throwing out a $100 part).
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rag55
I have one unpainted (front passenger side) from an 08' which is the S-line exterior. Only thing is that its missing the plastic attachment bracket (this was the part I needed but Audi does not sell it separately -- you can carefully remove it and use it on another one (which is what I did to avoid painting the new one).

PM me if you're interested in buying it. I'm pretty flexible as I've been sitting on it for 6 months (just could not bear the thought of throwing out a $100 part).
unfortunately the piece u kept is the same piece thats damaged with mine and thats what i need..

when i removed it it did not look like two pieces that could be separated but i could be wrong * see pic

but thats good news bc looks like i will do the same thing u did

any tips on separating the painted exterior from the bracket with out damaging the the exterior

*ALSO i have discovered the pn 4F0853960KGRU (right front)

Last edited by MainlandMig; 12-05-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The part I was talking about is the piece of trim at the bottom of the door. I think that you're piece is actually below the door?

The piece I have has a plastic white bracket which snaps into the piece of trim. You can very carefully remove it and then snap it into another piece.

I'll try and take a picture of the part when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: Bottom of door trim warping / "door blades"?