A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

C6 MMI shuts off then flashes

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 02:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 MMI shuts off then flashes

Hi,

I recently purchased an 2005 A6 C6 (RHD/uk), when I bought it the MMI was working without fault. The cigarette lighter socket wasn’t working, I located the fuse for it, which for RHD is in the trunk, and it was burnt out. I “borrowed” a fuse from the parking brake, because the fuse was good but the park brake doesn’t work, and then tried to put it into cigarette lighter fuse holder and it popped straight away. I then replaced the park brake fuse with a new one even though it doesn’t function.

Ever since doing this, my MMI has stopped working. I have a colour centre display with a red DIS and no nav. When I start the car, the screen will turn on as normal to the “Car” page as that’s what it was on before I messed with fuses, and the centre dial will scroll up and down, and options will appear/grey out depending on ignition. The volume **** works and I can turn up the volume and listen to the last station I was on. But after 10-15 seconds the music will stop and the display will shut off, and then every light on the MMI controls around the shifter lights up for a few seconds and then it all goes dark. MMI buttons don’t even have the interior red backlighting. This will stay like this until you press the volume **** to turn it on and it just repeats it’ll be fine for 10-15 secs then shut off and flash again. I don’t have access or means to access VCDS
Old 06-18-2024, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention - before the MMI shuts off, I can scroll and adjust volume/hear radio but I can’t click anything else or go to any pages, no other buttons are working.
Old 06-18-2024, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest you buy VCDS. Worth it's wait in gold especially as the cars get older and more problematic. Saved me a fortune in garage bills.....

Any signs that the previous owner spilled liquid over the MMI unit? Any of the MMI buttons stuck down?
The following users liked this post:
jonzie77 (06-20-2024)