A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Can someone help me look for part on genuineaudiparts.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone help me look for part on genuineaudiparts.com?

My airbag light is on as many of you have noticed. Dear said it's the passenger seat's sensor that needed to be replaced (600ish for part $1450 for labor + part). I went up to genuineaudiparts and found the item on sale for $46 in their collision catalog. Can someone check again to make sure? I looked at the available diagram. Seat sensor is the only piece of electronic besides the heated seat inside the seat.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This part:

Occupant sensor - Seat cushion - Seat cushion
05-07 $61.05 $43.96

?????

I show a different price than you found. I think you could probably replace it on your own, or have an independent shop do it. If you have a shop do it, let them buy the part.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

yes, that's the part we're talking about, however, I can't understand how the same exact part would cost over $600 brand new from Audi.

I probably will do this myself, do you know any guide on how to take apart the front seat?
Old 03-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Cat Herder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueSander
yes, that's the part we're talking about, however, I can't understand how the same exact part would cost over $600 brand new from Audi.

I probably will do this myself, do you know any guide on how to take apart the front seat?
same reason they want $600 for a rear brake job that requires $70 pads, 2 x $5 tools and a computer.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

The different price is if you call over there and tell them you're a member of this forum, they give you a password and user name and you get a discount. I bought my S6 bumper off the site and (a) it was under $400 and (b) only charged $27 for shipping!!!!!!!! And that was to chicago. Very good deals.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

WannaS6 -

your comment doesn't make sense as I found the price lower than the original poster, and I didn't get any special password. Perhaps he wrote the price down wrong.

However, you are saying that I can get a better price by mentioning audiworld?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by htimsdj
WannaS6 -

your comment doesn't make sense as I found the price lower than the original poster, and I didn't get any special password. Perhaps he wrote the price down wrong.

However, you are saying that I can get a better price by mentioning audiworld?
yea, i didn't put down the exact price in my original post.

the price difference bother me so much because taking off the seat to replace just a sensor is painful already. I don't want to replace the wrong sensor and have to take the seat off twice. It's reasonable when comes to labor costs but over $600 for a part that I could get for less then $50, something doesn't seem right.
To make things clear, dealer want over 600 for the passenger occupant sensor, or $1450 part + labor.

Last edited by BlueSander; 03-18-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To confirm that you and the dealer are talking the same language, go to the dealer's parts counter and ask for the part in question. See what it costs there.

Dealer parts counters sell high priced parts. I've never heard of them charging more for the part AND then charging to install it.

If there is a discrepancy ask why.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry, but WannaS6, you got the S6 bumper for less than 400 bucks where? What did it come with???
Link please Ill order today
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@htimsdj - I brought my car in and paid $115 for diagnosis, the number is based on their report. I figured it was the sensor but hoped that it was the simple TSB in pierreb's signature so I brought the car in for a check. I called part department later to confirm whethere I was looking the same thing on genuineaudiparts. The guy said it's a very rare part and he has never seen anyone needed it except me. He "guess" that it's the same thing since there is nothing else inside the seat besides the heating system. when I used the part number in the report to search on genuineaudiparts, they gave me another part from their new inventory with over $500 in price, too (but nothing was shown in collision inventory). I don't have the report with me now, whenever i'm home, will post it up for you guys to take a look at. Hopefully, the collision part we are looking is the same thing.

Quick Reply: Can someone help me look for part on genuineaudiparts.com?