A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

CF Trim Install Write-up w/ Pics (long)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm in OR

Thanks for the props on the ride, I'm really lovin' it.
Yeah, I know about the whole front plate thing, but I just can't stand having one on there. I'm pretty sure it's a "fix it" ticket so we'll see how my luck is.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If you really want their is always the magnet mod.you can take the plate on/off as much as you like

it's a "fix it" ticket here in CA but it's basically another reason for them to stop you. Been only pulled over once(knock on wood) for having no front plate and that was due to leaving the bar. Pretty sure he wanted to get me for something bigger than no front plate but it was the reason he stopped me. After telling him the excuse that the dealer has the bracket on backorder he asks if I had anything to drink. To which I said yes I had 2 drinks 3 hours before driving(I was actually pacing myself as I wanted to get home early to drive up skiing the next morning). A quick check w/ eye following finger test and he let me go without even giving me a "fix it" ticket.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default It used to be....

It also used to be a Class D ticket at only $90.

No front plate is basically a red flare saying "Pull me over!"

Mo money, mo money, mo money!

...I do like the looks of your car so don't get me wrong. I just want you to be informed of what you could be in for. Personally, I don't think the photo radar does anything for traffic accident prevention (the altruistic goal). It is only a revenue generator. If I was in charge the practice would be banned.

John
Old 04-15-2008, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default John, you raise excellent points

I'll probably keep the filler plate on there until my plates come in. Then I'll mount the plate to the front plate piece and have it ready to go on. We'll see how long I can go and if I get lucky. I think all it will take to change my mind is one of those big tickets.

Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated!
Old 05-10-2009, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

OMFG I've been looking for this. You're my savior, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Can we sticky this?
Old 01-30-2011, 04:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thank you for this thread!

I wanted to say that this thread helped me a lot. I had to swap out my MMI and the information provided here saved me hours of work.

One step not previously included was removing the center arm rest. If anyone is wondering how, first you have to remove the rear air vent on the back of the center console, it just pulls out, no screws. Once you have the side trim off of the console you can stick your finger in and actually push the vent out. The vent has a wire that you will need to unplug, it's short so be careful.

Once the vent is out you will see a single bolt that needs to be removed and the armrest will pull straight up. There were a couple wires going to the armrest that I had to disconnect as well, but nothing difficult.

Again, thanks to the original poster, it was a life saver. And if anyone is thinking about doing this but are nervous about it, don't worry. It is indeed a pain in the butt, but just take your time and you can do it. No rocket science here.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Is it me or...

Can anyone see the pictures on this thread?

Great information.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

No. I guess it's too old. Unfortunate. I want to get the wood out of the one I am looking at buying.