A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

CPO return Deposit runaround?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO return Deposit runaround?

Wanted some opinions because i think i'm being taken for a ride with my CPO sales person. My lease was soon expiring so i was doing some shopping around at an Audi dealership in their CPO section so I had put down a security deposit for CPO A4 but didn't go for it after doing some homework and wanted to buy a new car instead. I had found out i couldn't get out of my lease early enough and bottom line didn't make financial sense to get the new(CPO) car. I have asked for my security deposit to be returned about a week after I put it down and was told he needed to speak to his boss. How long does it take? it's been three weeks already, I've called and also left a message on his phone and i'm thinking of going straight to his boss to get this deposit back. I was looking to take it back and then when my lease was near the last month, i would come back again but now i'm not so sure i want to go back to this dealer or the dealership at all. Thoughts about the deposit?
Old 08-09-2009, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go to the dealership. Talk to the General Manager (GM). Do not leave without your deposit. If issues, state fraud for your deposit transaction. Contact BBB and AOA. Tell them you will get council involved if necessary, but I do not see it going that far.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

but doesn't the dealer has the right to keep your deposit unless if it is refundable and they said it explicitly.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I would recommend that you talk to his boss - be polite but firm.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Generally they will keep your deposits if they do a special order on a vehicle and you cancel after it gets in. What he is saying is this vehicle was in stock, and put a deposit down as a holder and changed his mind. They have to give him his money back being that no contract was signed. Go to GM as stated above and try and straighten all out. and dont use the term legal help until you absolutely have to. alot of times you will find dirty *** sales and finance managers take deposits and keep them then rearrange the deals on the cars to show a lower sticker price..
Old 08-10-2009, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

BS unless you gave them a check. In which case there could be some feet dragging, red tape, and hoop jumping involved to get a check cut from accounting upstairs. If it was credit card, a quick walk to the machine with a rep and boom your done.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks for all your responses. I went to the manager today in person with evidence the deposits were paid. The sales person filled out the return slip on the spot. I should have the money back in the credit card in the next few days.

Additionally, i had put a deposit 2 years ago and fought that deposit. I don't know how that one will go. that was back in Aug 2007 for a new A5. They are working on that one as well. I was told I would get that back also.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what dealership?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nemesisa6
what dealership?
Biener Audi in Great Neck NY
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't be serious...

Originally Posted by schwetysteve
Additionally, i had put a deposit 2 years ago and fought that deposit. I don't know how that one will go. that was back in Aug 2007 for a new A5. They are working on that one as well. I was told I would get that back also.

Quick Reply: CPO return Deposit runaround?