A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

cracked vinyl on door panel - ??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it too, 2005 A6, 4.2...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 924 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by joedirt1
Have you had it fixed? If so, what did you do and what did it cost?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the same issue and it was covered under warranty at The Collection in Coral Gables, Fl. I remember this issue being on the boards a while ago and people were getting the dealers to replace the panels with no issues. I haven't had the issue again after they replaced the door panel.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is interesting. I have the same crack, and it is the only defect in my interior. I thought it was something the prior owner did, but it's an obvious design defect. At 89k miles, I'm not even going to try and get that fixed, unless I decide to pay for it.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have it too on my '05 4.2L but I know what caused mine.

The switch at the back of my panel does not always stay in tight, sometimes it likes to pop out. One day I closed the door while it was popped out, it broke the panel right there.

Turborusty
Old 01-25-2010, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I made an appointment with the dealer for later this week. When I told the service tech the problem he responded with a laugh and said he never heard of anyone having the problem. Based on the responses on this forum there are at least 12 of us.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Resurrecting an old thread, but since I'm seeing the issue on my 2005, figure it might be OK. What are people doing to repair the issue? I'm probably going to pull the door panel, reinforce the area, and 'patch' the crack.

A new door panel seems to be pretty pricey, and I'm going to guess will have the same ultimate issue. Finding a 'good' used one is probably impossible as well.

Kevin, you seem to be one of the more knowledgable persons here: What did you end up doing on this issue?

-Darryl
Old 08-29-2011, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ProtoFly
Resurrecting an old thread, but since I'm seeing the issue on my 2005, figure it might be OK. What are people doing to repair the issue? I'm probably going to pull the door panel, reinforce the area, and 'patch' the crack.

A new door panel seems to be pretty pricey, and I'm going to guess will have the same ultimate issue. Finding a 'good' used one is probably impossible as well.

Kevin, you seem to be one of the more knowledgable persons here: What did you end up doing on this issue?

-Darryl
Let us know how you make out, I have the same thing going on and after looking at how much the panel is I decided that it was not worth the money for a little crack. It does annoy me every time I see it and every time I have to pop in the button when I open the door. A DIY would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ProtoFly

-Darryl
There is a TSB in the TSB library linked in my signature that shows a reinforcement frame that Audi has come up with to go around the button.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joedirt1
+1

this isnt mine but its from an old AW post
ill post mine soon

Quick Reply: cracked vinyl on door panel - ??