A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

DEALER DRIVING THE CAR WHILE FOR REPAIR!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Could you post some pictures of your car's front end. Looking great on your avatar there!
and did u do anything... idk how to go about it... i mean bottom line is they didnt damage the car but, it just isnt right!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:19 PM
bwb
AudiWorld Member

Default Dealer drove it but cleared it with me first

When my XM radio was intetmittently going out and they couldn't reproduce it in the shop, the service advisor specifically called me, gave me a loaner and stated that the technician would be driving the car home with my permission. The technician found the problem and was able to fix it.

The advisor was very upfront and requested my permission prior.

Driving it without permission should be a major no-no
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer should have approved them taking it home before they drove it. Everytime(2) the dealer asked to take mines home they called and requested first. I would take it up with the owner of the dealership. Also have them reimburse you for the ezpass.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by pcamaj
and did u do anything... idk how to go about it... i mean bottom line is they didnt damage the car but, it just isnt right!!!
call them up and make an official complain. I think that the most you could do. Or make a complain directly to the owner of the dealer. Either way, you will never get to know what action they took after hearing your case. Getting someone fired in this economy wouldn't make you any happier. In my case, by the time i got back to the dealer. I did jokingly said to the guy I work with in the office that people drive like crazy over there. I then laughed it off since this dealer has a great connection with me for year, I wasn't gonna ruin that for this small incident.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mikesd1980
The dealer should have approved them taking it home before they drove it. Everytime(2) the dealer asked to take mines home they called and requested first. I would take it up with the owner of the dealership. Also have them reimburse you for the ezpass.
If somebody Took it home, why was the address programmed into the Nav - do they not know how to get home? IDK about you, but I smell a fart...sorry, iPhone typo - rat! Lmao
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default dealer driving

Those bastards, let's burn the dealer and the house with the address in the nav.
what was the car at the dealer for a week for?
Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by s4master1
Those bastards, let's burn the dealer and the house with the address in the nav.
what was the car at the dealer for a week for?
ill provide the gasoline lolol...

more then that... some front en issues.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pcamaj
ill provide the gasoline lolol...

more then that... some front en issues.
It depends on what your car went in for. They might have drove it home for a test drive. None the less, they should have ask for your permission 1st and pay the toll out of their own pocket.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

What I find interesting is that whoever drove the car had to enter the address in your Nav. This person obviously wasn't going home.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NR04
What I find interesting is that whoever drove the car had to enter the address in your Nav. This person obviously wasn't going home.
probably picked up a date with "their" new car that took for test drive but i guess didnt like lolol...

Quick Reply: DEALER DRIVING THE CAR WHILE FOR REPAIR!!!!!!!!