A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Decommissioning your C5

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 11:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Decommissioning your C5

I will be turning in my C5 before the end of the week. Others might want to have the following tips for lease returns.

1. Be sure to place your registration, proof of insurance and inspection worksheet in a place where you won't forget them.
2. If you have the Audi car phone, erase all your personal numbers. This is done by pressing NAME MENU, then pressing CLEAR and STORE on each name in your list. Obviously, other phones differ, but if it's not a built-in, why are you turning it in with the car?
3. Be certain that your phone service for the car has been disconnected and that there's no way someone can run up a bill at your expense.
4. Erase the garage door opener's memory. This is done by holding buttons 1 and 3 for 20-30 seconds (until the LED by the buttons begins flashing). Then, confirm that the garage door or other items are no longer affected by HomeLink. Note that this must be done with the ignition in the accessory position.
5. Delete all your navigation settings. This is done by selecting DELETE MEM from the menu, and confirming that you want to erase EVERYTHING.
6. If you've stored telephone numbers in your car's memory, remember to erase that also. I posted how to update the car's telephone number memory from the phone 4 years ago (when I got my C5). Follow the same instructions and you should see "MEMORY EMPTY" on the display between the speedometer and tachometer.
7. Obviously, remove all your personal posessions. Remember all the cubbyholes in the car, trunk and side doors, coin area, center armrest, slot next to the parking brake, ashtrays, rear arm rest, glove compartment, under the seats, first aid kit, right rear cubbyhole (where the subwoofer is), sunglasses.
8. Remember to get your CD's from the CD changer and the center console.
9. Take photos, if only for documentation purposes.
10. Get ready to say good-bye. *sniff*
Old 02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good post! I left various membership cards in my ashtray. Luckily they were recovered.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good list!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I forgot to delete my NAV-Oh no! they're coming to take me away,ho ho he he ha ha......

click link<ul><li><a href="http://www.turoks.net/Cabana/TheyreComingToTakeMeAwayHaHa.htm">http://www.turoks.net/Cabana/TheyreComingToTakeMeAwayHaHa.htm</a</li></ul>