A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Eject Nav DVD

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eject Nav DVD

Hello

I have a problem here and not sure how to fix it. I am unable to eject my Navigation DVD from the device in the trunk of my car. I press the button and here it making some noise but the DVD is not ejected. How can I get the DVD out? Is there a manul eject hole like on the CD/DVD of computers some where?

Thnx for your help.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lazydog
Hello

I have a problem here and not sure how to fix it. I am unable to eject my Navigation DVD from the device in the trunk of my car. I press the button and here it making some noise but the DVD is not ejected. How can I get the DVD out? Is there a manul eject hole like on the CD/DVD of computers some where?

Thnx for your help.
DVD is locked. You will need vag com cable to change the channel in adaption in order to eject it.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default you might have to have the dealer eject it...

however on my car I just turn it off and make sure the nav is not engaged and it does it automatically.

I never remember vag-com'ing the car in order to do this. Sometimes it take a few seconds.

try taking taking out the key and turn off the mmi then press the eject key.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

For some reason, some cars come from the dealer with the DVD locked in the drive. Not sure if this is a security option from the dealer or just some dealer trick to get you for an hour of labor on top of the $200 for the Nav disk when you want to update the maps.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
For some reason, some cars come from the dealer with the DVD locked in the drive. Not sure if this is a security option from the dealer or just some dealer trick to get you for an hour of labor on top of the $200 for the Nav disk when you want to update the maps.
I think because DVDs get stolen when cars are shipped.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audia6s
I think because DVDs get stolen when cars are shipped.
Correct! Audi used to send the NAV disc with the car's books, but they started to get lost or customer's got the wrong disc, since sales personnel misplace them all the time, so Audi just installs the NAV disc in the unit and locks out the eject button so no one swipes the discs during transport or while sitting on dealer lots.

OP, you should be able to have a dealer unlock the the NAV unit for you IMO at no charge, since it's mainly kept activated to prevent theft while in inventory until sold. Most dealer don't unlock them since customers never take them out unless they are installing an updated NAV disc, which they usually got to the dealer for anyway, but you can get them directly from NAVTEC site now.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thnx to everyone for their feedback. I will talk with my dealer as I am a good customer and I believe they will unlock it for free.