A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

And it is finally here! 2006 A6 C6 S-Line Misano Red!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome - good to see another Klasse fan!! I've been a big fan of Klasse and also use CG stuff and Menzerna polishes. P21S for the wax (though waxing over SG gives a hazing effect - known issue!). Whats the Iron cut step you are talking about?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone!

Yeah so far I am loving it! Already put a 1K miles on it. Still haven't done a detail on it yet. Always looks like it is gonna rain. Anyways, thanks for all the complements guys. I hope to get a few more pics once the weather cooperates. As for Aquartz Iron cut, this is something I recently found. It is a solution that removes fallout WITHIN the paint. Now I have an Alpine white BMW X5 and if you look close, there were tiny black specks in the paint. Washing, claying, cleaner, nothing worked. Apparently it is iron deposits within the clear coat that eventually eat away the paint. Using Iron cut neutralizes the iron, dissolves the iron and lifts it from the paint. After I sprayed it on, the clear solution turned purple indicating it is working. Looked at the paint again and no more tiny spots. I thought it was bs, so put another coat of Iron cut on, and it didn't turn purple, so I guess it was doing something.

Anyways, never used Klasse products, but heard great things, so I want to try it out.

MCGaskins: No I didn't finance, ended up just paying cash for the C6.

Mainland: Thanks! I was thinking about getting a set from Ross-tech since I figure I am going to be doing some stuff on the car and seems like if you want to place a cup in the cup holder, you will need to hook it up with Vag-com. Never heard of resetting values and such when replacing a battery, so I guess it is worth the $350 to get the cables. But I might take you up on the MMI updates, even thought mine works fine, having the latest is always up my alley. Maybe lunch and some brew could be used as compensation? haha.

Anyways, thanks for all the complements guys. Now time to find a damn battery. Went to pep boys, spend $190 for a new battery, they did it right, but the battery was too small and didn't fit right. Had them put the old battery back in. Called Audi, said it was $250.00, called indy shops, said $250.00. Only reason I am thinking about having someone else do the battery is because I dont have my Vag-com yet to reset the values and such and need to get a trickle charger. So I figured this one time Ill let someone else do it, but finding a battery at a reasonable price seems to be difficult. Thinking a VW battery, but dont have a cross ref part number.