A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Ford Sho claims to beat the Audi A6 V8

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Damn, I just watched every single video they have and ... damn... that's a lot of thought they put into the car. It's not that i'm gonna buy one but they do set a standard out there. I hope this will get other car makers to start putting more things on new cars.
Did anyone see that this car is $45,000 when fully optioned! Basically the same price as a well optioned A4...except with none of the good looks, build quality, or prestige. Remember this is a ford taurus we are talking about.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would rather drive 3-4 year old AUDI A6, then brand new Ford. I would never consider buying Ford.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thats just a silly ad. I guess we should just strap ourselves onto fords "strong engine" Gitty up - and forget all the luxuries and comfort provided by Audi.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guys, calm down. I have followed Ford for a while and I know that company is not in as much trouble as other companies. Ok. One: They compared it to the 4.2L V8 because the whole thing behind EcoBoost is delivering V6 fuel economy with V8 power. Which they did. Two: Ford's quality is way better than Audi, I don't think we can really brag about how reliable our cars are. They are up there with Toyota and Honda. Three: Have you guys ever tried their Ford Sync with the navigation system? Much more easier to use and much more integrated to the car. Four: That engine gives them power from 1500RPM till over 5900RPM. It's a strong engine.

Ok, having said that our cars still have a better quality feel. You can tell the difference between those cars and our cars. There are some details that the mainstream automakers just can not do the same. Nice effort but not enough for the Luxury buyer. I do wish Audi would have something like their Sync though. That thing imports your contacts to the car, reads you text messages, lets you set temperature by voice command, if you get the travel lynk option you can get weather, sports scores, movie times and you can call the teatre by clicking on the screen. Anyways, This is good. Remember, competition amongst automakers is good for the consumer.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JP2422
Guys, calm down. I have followed Ford for a while and I know that company is not in as much trouble as other companies. Ok. One: They compared it to the 4.2L V8 because the whole thing behind EcoBoost is delivering V6 fuel economy with V8 power. Which they did. Two: Ford's quality is way better than Audi, I don't think we can really brag about how reliable our cars are. They are up there with Toyota and Honda. Three: Have you guys ever tried their Ford Sync with the navigation system? Much more easier to use and much more integrated to the car. Four: That engine gives them power from 1500RPM till over 5900RPM. It's a strong engine.

Ok, having said that our cars still have a better quality feel. You can tell the difference between those cars and our cars. There are some details that the mainstream automakers just can not do the same. Nice effort but not enough for the Luxury buyer. I do wish Audi would have something like their Sync though. That thing imports your contacts to the car, reads you text messages, lets you set temperature by voice command, if you get the travel lynk option you can get weather, sports scores, movie times and you can call the teatre by clicking on the screen. Anyways, This is good. Remember, competition amongst automakers is good for the consumer.
Gee, I wonder where you work.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You think I work for them? lol. If I did I would not own an A6. I am just well informed of the company. I don't even work in the automotive industry. As a matter of fact, about 5 years ago I used to work at a Chevy dealership. well, I did for a bit and got out quickly because of how crooked they are.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Uhm, I was a hater but ... Ford is trying very hard. They should not have insulted too many other brand including Audi but after all, they're getting things right. Not that many ppl is willing to pay that much for a brand new A6, their best bet prob a Ford for now. (of course, not gonna be a fully loaded Ford b/c at the that loaded price, i would rather buy something else)
Old 10-13-2009, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgdA4
Did anyone see that this car is $45,000 when fully optioned! Basically the same price as a well optioned A4...except with none of the good looks, build quality, or prestige. Remember this is a ford taurus we are talking about.
You can get a 2010 S4 for that money.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Uhm, I was a hater but ... Ford is trying very hard. They should not have insulted too many other brand including Audi but after all, they're getting things right. Not that many ppl is willing to pay that much for a brand new A6, their best bet prob a Ford for now. (of course, not gonna be a fully loaded Ford b/c at the that loaded price, i would rather buy something else)
I appreciate they are trying hard, and commend the use of turbos in their vehicles. The problem is the price...even the base price is $37k, which would buy you an A4. The ford would make sense around the $30k mark. Then it would be an alternative. Audi and bmw built a reputation for themselves over a long time, so the premium for their cares is warranted. It just bugs the hell out of me when I see ford and hyundai charging the same money saying "look we have leather, bluetooth, a backup camera and a fast 0-60...we're a luxury car now!"

Another problem I have with the ford is that it looks like a boardroom full of execs designed it, rather than one persons vision. Also the interior, like all american cars, is designed like its for fisher price or something. Everything is very clunky and unrefined.

Sorry for the rant.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

give it a year before the tubos start smoking,

Quick Reply: Ford Sho claims to beat the Audi A6 V8