A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Hello! What is the accepted form for newbies?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! What is the accepted form for newbies?

Hi everyone. Been lurking for a few weeks now and enjoying learning about the new A6 ahead of delivery (mine is currently on order), especially niggle factors like Motorola RAZR phone (hmmm, typical that's the one I've got!) and bits on the MMI.

I have noticed that there seems to be a right of initiation whereby all newbie owners are asked to post pictures ... is that the deal? My British reserve stops me just whacking a load of trophy pics up!! ;-)

By the way, I notice this is primarily US based, with some scandavians too - are there any other UK members out there?

Regards to all,
Richard
Old 04-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

cheerio and welcome aboard
Old 04-22-2005, 03:10 PM

Welcome. We can always use some good British euphemisms around here.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm english. From Surrey, living in Seattle, welcome!
Old 04-22-2005, 07:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default I believe there are several Brits who post from time to time...

usually can tell when they speak about "tyres" and TDI's (not available in the US).

Pictures of your car are always encouraged, particularly when you mention that you just picked up your "new baby".

Congrats on your new Audi!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Thanks everyone...

Don't feel so bad about sticking pictures on the web now!

The car (a TDI Avant) should be built now (build of w/c 18/4, so hopefully sitting in waiting to go to the docks) - waiting for a call from the dealer with a VIN number and estimated delivery date in the next few weeks. Will post pictures once it arrives!

Cherio, toodle-pip and ta-ta!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Sorry for the late response.

Hi and welcome.

I live in York.

What is the spec of the avant you are getting?

Jim
Old 04-24-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Sorry for the late response.

Hi Jim,

Fairly decent spec on order - highlights are: 3.0TDI Avant, Stratos Blue, Beige Sports / Leather / Heated / Electric Seats, 17" 5 spoke alloys, DVD sat nav, comfort aircon, Xenons and the electrically operated boot too.

I've gone for the sports suspension too - not quite as harsh as the s-line but I found the normal car just a little too "floaty" for my taste (having been brought up on stiffer sprung cars like BMW 330Ci Sport).

By the way, I don't know how your car is spec'd, but I notice that our American friends have cars specified with "packs" - cold, premium, convenience, etc. My order topped two pages (and wasn't overly extravagent) - wouldn't it be good to have packs like this in the UK and save a load of sitting around waiting for the order to be typed up?! (John at my local dealer - Wayside, Milton Keynes - is a great guy, very friendly and helpful, but a really slow typist and it was frustrating for me as an IT consultant to have to watch him do it!!).
Old 04-25-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Sorry for the late response.

Very nice spec.

My car only has leather as I dont intend on keeping it that long and wanted to maximise residuals.

Interesting comment on the suspension as I found the sport setup to hard (coming out of an S4 as well!). Just shows how subjective it is. Prehaps the roads ooop north are worse.

Much prefer the european approach to options as you can tailor the spec more finely. Mind you with the prices the guys in the US pay, you would just throw everything in anyway.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Nice spec..You'll have LED rears then...

I debated whether to get the Xenons, just to have the LED rears, but decided not to in the end.

I'm in Aylesbury, and I too am in IT. Not sure if that means anything, but there you go..

Quick Reply: Hello! What is the accepted form for newbies?