A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Help with splash Guards!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with splash Guards!

I have a 07 S6 and the rocker panel flares on the door panels are getting beat up with stuff thrown up by the tires. I want to install the factory splash guards, but none are listed as available for the S6 specifically, and my dealer told me the A6 parts won't work on my car. Problem is that I can see no reason why they shouldn't. The flares are on the door panel, not the wheel arches. The rear bumper cap is identical as best I can tell. Any help is appreciated!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just spent th elast 10 minutes trying to see if there is a difference between the two and I cannot find anything. I painted my OEM guards and installed them this past weekend . When I placed the order for them online I provided my VIN and they told me the fronts that I ordered were the wrong ones even though it said 05 and up but they said they will correct it. They told me something changed between the 05/06 and 07/08 (mine's an 08). I dont know what changed but they look identical to me also.

Look at the picture below. The 2 most left guards are the front ones. See if the 3 screw holes exists on your car and if they are on the same locations. The 2 tabs toward the top of the mud guards are clipped onto the metal lip of the fenders. I hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the info. 'Soon as I get back from vacation I'll take a look. Looking at your car and mine, I'll be amazed if they don't work on the S6. I think this is a case of a lack of specific compatibility being published and the standard non-attributional answers given by dealers and such. I'll be sure to post results!!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Work like a champ

Got the Splash guards in and they work PERFECTLY. I have no idea why there everyone associated with Audi pretends they either don't know or that the part won't fit. The only thing I had to "work around" was the bottom mount on the front guard. The instruction sheet shows the rubber expansion nut going into a hole on the bottom of the car. The only thing my S6 had in that location was a drain plug. I took it out, used a uni-bit to open up the hole and voila' Everything else fit perfectly. Very happy with the look and functionality. I left mine black-- they really aren't too noticeable-- and now, no tire dressing sloughed along the side of the car! Thanks for convincing me to go for it!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Glad it worked out. You mind posting pics? I'd like to see the black on white. Thx

Thx

Originally Posted by SuperCobraPilot
Got the Splash guards in and they work PERFECTLY. I have no idea why there everyone associated with Audi pretends they either don't know or that the part won't fit. The only thing I had to "work around" was the bottom mount on the front guard. The instruction sheet shows the rubber expansion nut going into a hole on the bottom of the car. The only thing my S6 had in that location was a drain plug. I took it out, used a uni-bit to open up the hole and voila' Everything else fit perfectly. Very happy with the look and functionality. I left mine black-- they really aren't too noticeable-- and now, no tire dressing sloughed along the side of the car! Thanks for convincing me to go for it!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Sorry for the delay-- Here are the pics-
Attached Images