A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

HID Foglight kits and upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HID Foglight kits and upgrades

I figured I make another thread instead of continuing the hijacked led license plate light thread so that that one may continue on its own subject.

To remove the foglights
1. Pull on the side of the grill that is on the inner part of it. So facing the car the left grill: you'll pull on the right side of it and vice versa.

2. Do not fold it outward it should come straight out towards you and not left or right as the tabs will break off. It will take some muscle but don't be afraid, it will come out with some elbow grease. Also mind the foglight its self because the grill actually surrounds it a little bit so keep that in mind when removing the grill.

3. Once the grill is removed the foglight will be exposed and its only held on by three or four regular screws nothing special just a philips head.

4. After removing the screws the foglight is free except for its wire holding it in but it will have plenty of slack to turn it around

5. Make sure when installing the kit that you take the time to drill out the back of the foglight cover and run all the hid kit wires thought there with the supplied rubber grommet that comes with the hid kit. Its worth doing and will prolong the life of the kid by a ten fold since no element will get into the housing.

This is the brand HIDs I bought 7 months ago and they have been working great through rain, shine, snow, sleet, and they fire right up
|
|
|
V

http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...Kit__HID-.aspx

Also don't forget to order the Error/code blockers with it.
So to match the Audi A6 C6 HIDs order exactly this

8000k in 55 Watt with the code blockers. Make sure you specify 55w. Its a little more expensive but its worth it and the color matching is amazing along with the brightness too.

Its a ton cheaper than philips and is very reliable.

Call the company first to make sure they have everything in stock that you want

My car came with HIDs in the headlamps so I wanted a foglight that matches and Ive been told that when you order 55 Watt HID kits that the color gets washed out a little bit because of the brightness so you should order the next color up from the one you wanted (but only if its 55 Watt) So if you going for the 6000k look then order 8000k and if you want the 8000k look you should order 10,000k and so on.

Good luck guys!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

These are the code blockers that they have on their site

http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...__HID-CAP.aspx
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great write up. What is the horizontal cut off like?
Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Medic1
Great write up. What is the horizontal cut off like?

Its very clean and is spread out very nicely with no concentration in any one area. It basically just brightens the hell out of everything. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... I'm just waiting on the bulb and will replace it. You should also include pics of your set-up. I will post the pics here once I installed it.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I will I just got some new LED to go throw in tomorrow. So Ill take pics then...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM
JNV
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by haha bye
I will I just got some new LED to go throw in tomorrow. So Ill take pics then...
Very good work
We wait the pics
Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

I snapped these with my phone

This is the 55 Watt 8000k Kit

Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Installed the Philips crystal vision ultra 4000K yesterday, and was not happy with the way it looks. It was slightly less yellow than our stock bulbs. But definetly more brighter.

Driver side is the new bulbs, passenger side is the OEM.

So I will do the HID convert like Bye. Where is the best place to zip tie the ballast?
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

The ballast comes with a bigg piece of two side foam tape that will stick nicely to the top side of the under tray. Or if you want you can make a little bracket and put two screws through the under tray and make sure its securely on there.

Those bulbs you put on there I can barely tell the difference. You NEED hids...youll know what I mean when you get them.

Quick Reply: HID Foglight kits and upgrades