A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

I test drove the M35x today. I think that car beats out the A6 for me!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I test drove the M35x today. I think that car beats out the A6 for me!

It was REALLY beautiful. Solid build feel. Many more options: ventilated seats, backup camera that shows you were you are going to go, lane departure, active cruise......And BIGGER! Althought I think the exterior of the A6 is more attractive, I cannot help but think the interior and options make this a nice alternative. Oh yea, it is less expensive as well.

Anyone else drive one?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Default How about more detail on the drive?

Sure it beats the A6 on paper, but how does it drive and handle? I'm still not convinced that the Japanese can engineer a suspension that is fun to drive and provides a comfortable ride at the same time. Only the Germans seem to be able to do that.

I stuck my head in the door of an M and I thought that the dashboard looked strange--it looks like a shelf or something. Is it better once you're in the car?
Old 03-05-2005, 07:29 PM

Default I thought the drive way amazing. Tight but very comfortable. The seats suck you in.

Plus they cool your butt on command. The dash and the "MMI" was very easy. I said the word "temperature 71" and it was done! When I looked back I was shocked at the leg room. This was the car for me.

I have an A4 Ultra Sport 2004 and it drove much more comfortable, yet I still felt command of the road.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I test drove the M35x today. I think that car beats out the A6 for me!

I am going to buy the M35X this time around. I have a 2001 2.7T that I love and hate to give up, but having driven the new A6 and the new M35X, taking all options and driveability into account, I think that the better deal is the Infiniti. Pricewise they are about the same. Also, sad to say, I really love the service dept at Audi, and hope I can get similar service at Infiniti.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Did you drive the cars back to back on the same route? That's the best way to compare.

If nothing else, did you drive both cars on the same day? People usually feel best about their most recent impression.

You mention a lot of about the available toys, but how does the car itself actually <i>drive</i>? Did you drive the cars at higher speeds? How's the power if you floor it at 70mph? How does it feel if you have to make a quick lane change at that speed? Ignoring the gadgets, does it feel special when driving at lower speeds around town?
Old 03-06-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Re: I test drove the M35x today. I think that car beats out the A6 for me!

How do you figure its cheaper? I priced one on the internet and equiped the same way as my ordered C6 3.2 there is only a price difference was only $750 in favour of the M35 AWD. At these prices that is hardly a big difference and if you take into account that with infiniti you don't get scheduled maintenence so that $750 over four years is mute.

MHO....Craig
Old 03-06-2005, 04:45 AM

Default M35x is $3K cheaper plus you get lane departure system and backup camera!

When you comparee: M35X at $51.5K and a6 3.2 @ $54.1K
Old 03-06-2005, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Details - how did you arrive at those numbers?

I'll admit lane departure seems kind of cool, but backup cameras are for giant SUVs and RVs IMHO. I drove a pickup for years with a canopy you couldn't see out of. Had no problems parking it, using just spot mirrors ;-)
Old 03-06-2005, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default People make the same argument about Audi features.

Even quattro, ABS and Parktronic. Fact is, the M has one ugly-looking dashboard. I feel the same about the Lexus, but at least it doesn't have that nasty shelf thing going. Maybe you can put pictures of a Ferrari up there, or at least some nice refrigerator magnets?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:07 AM

Default You can put it down all you want. All I can say is once I sat in it, it made the choice

very easy and the A6 is no longer on the top of my list. Some people may need the prestige of owning an audi to make them feel good about themself, I am happy buying the best car.

As far as the price, I priced out a 3.2 Audi with all the features that the M35x. That came to a difference of about $3K. PLUS you get the lane departure and backup camera.

Quick Reply: I test drove the M35x today. I think that car beats out the A6 for me!